Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (1 Viewer)

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes, you are right!

Working fine now!

Thanks a lot!

Tgx

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, I did see that strange id in the default skins so I updated it when going through the code and noticed it was different.

knigget

September 10, 2011
    Hi all

Been a silent forum user for a while now and have always managed to get the search button to find my answers but...

I must be missing something cos I cannot get this search plugin to work. It did work for one night though - perfectly!

Since the first time of it working, I have tried everything. Rescan the music db (approx 15000 tracks), delete the db (by removing the shared folders and actually deleting the db file itself), uninstall the plugin, reinstall the plugin, search from a different view from within MP, etc...

Here is where I am now - it doesn't work. In the MP config window I have 'Search music' enabled with a yellow folder icon, the search button and criteria is available to me in MP itself. It just returns no results at all. I get a window saying nothing found, refine your search.

I am on MP 1.2RC with Streamed MP, Win7 Pro

Any guidance, pointers would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks in advance

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Plugin: Global Music Search (version 1.7.0)

Did you try it with Default Wide skin?
    I think the actual StreamedMP does not incorporate the changes within the plugin ;)

knigget

September 10, 2011
    Good theory, but I had this working on that one night with the StreamedMP skin! 100% confirmed and sure of this btw

If it happens that the feature is unstable with the StreamedMP skin, this is sad :-( As I do use the StreamedMP skin, is there anything else I can use/ download that would give me the search facility?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Plugin: Global Music Search (version 1.7.0)

Asking wether you tried it with Default Wide implies you should do so ;)
    In general it is always a good advice to try the Default skin because all plugin developers deliver working Default skin xmls with their plugins. ;)
    And if the Default skins work, please post in the respective skin forums and ask for proper support ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is it time yet to request this plugin be added to Popular/Maintained plugins? Since it integrates with MP Music search button, it seems to me it should be! And maybe add it to new Downloads Repository? I wanted to give it a good review :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom