Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (3 Viewers)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I also see the same problem reported by Phantas, DanielUrban & TinusS.
    It isn't even necessary to play anything. When attempting the second search, I am unable to replace the text "searchphrase" in the search field with the text I want to search for.
    Caveat: I have only verified this with a patched BlueTwo wide skin. I'll report back after trying the "official" Blue3 wide.

Phantas

Portal Member
    December 4, 2008
    as bad as it sounds, but I'm really "glad" that I'm not the only one with this problem, so it doesnt seem to be my fault ;)
    I'm still using rc4 with the official blue3 "normal" skin (got no widescreen...) and the problem still persist. As it doesnt seem to work with the final version, I dont see a point to upgrade to final, as rc4 runs very fine except the global search :(

sunedane

Portal Member
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I just tested this nice plugin with MP 1.0 final. I also have the problem with re-search after playing a song.
    It seems the searchtype is empty the second time i search and even if i change it to 'contains' value, then its empty when i reenter the searchtype.
    I found a workaround. Select a search from the historylist and then do a new search. This way the searchtype is set again, and the search works again.

Regards
    Sunedane

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    This problem seems to only occur if using GlobalSearch directly from the Home or Plugins menu. When I use it from a music view, it seems to work better.
    I haven't been doing all the experiments with the same skin, however, so it might be skin-related.

DanielUrban

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This problem seems to only occur if using GlobalSearch directly from the Home or Plugins menu. When I use it from a music view, it seems to work better.
    I haven't been doing all the experiments with the same skin, however, so it might be skin-related.

How can I use it from the Music view? I use the 1.0 with blue3wide.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

Phantas

Portal Member
    December 4, 2008

How can I use it from the Music view? I use the 1.0 with blue3wide.

Thanks for your help.

Daniel

I'd be interested in that too...
    using blue3
    Theres no "search" button in the "my music"

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Yes, the Blue3 skins have no search button. You will find one in StreamedMP. I am just using BlueTwo wide. To get it to work with MP 1.0 final, I updated the version number in references.xml and added the missing xml files from Blue3 wide. I'm no skinner, so this is just a hack. It's attached in case it helps, but I take no responsibilty for the results!

divinius

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hey first off, great plugin!

but i was wondering, is there a way to instantly search after typing when you're in the mainscreen of MyMusic (in my case, the full artist list)
    something like this:
    -you type something (like bea), i'd even prefer to see a real input bar (like in foobar and itunes)
    -then you see all the artists containing bea; the beatles, beastie boys, alphabeat etc
    -click on one of the results, and in the next screen (albums in my case) you can do the same thing

this would be sort of like the search function in itunes and foobar, imo its the fastest way to find something

because now, when i type for example pink, and i'm not directly being transferred to the first word starting with pink, but containing pink, and the first word containing pink is in the top of the list, and the first word starting with pink is almost on the bottom, so thats pretty useless.
    And since spaces won't work (for pink [space] floyd) its just not working..

i certainly hope i made myself clear, it could be a little confusing ;)

a little visual example:
    mediaportalmymusicsearchklein.jpg

p.s. by the way, is there a way to not having to press the shift+[] combination but just start typing? ive removed all the keyboard shortcuts containing letters, so that won't be a problem

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just added your SMS keyboard implementation to MP's dialog project.
    Would be nice if your plugin would be hosted on sf.net as well ;)

Ideally someone picks up on this and writes a VirtualKeyboard Interface or even a KeyboardFactory which would allow to remove the redundant code.

mbu10

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2007
    search type problem

search type defaults back to equals all the time
    when all i want to be set at is contains
    everytime i set contains some times it let me search using contains all fine
    some time it just switches back when i try and search for something
    is there any wya of setting is to contains
    all the time
    thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom