Grey blacks with internal player + EVR (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nice idea, but the only PC I can sensibly run MP on is my 'production' HTPC (on which 1.0.2 runs very nicely) - I'm not going to break it with alpha 1.1.0 software just yet, I'll wait until 1.1.0 is at least late beta or RC (since I don't need the mod to get correct grey levels).

Tony

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Skinner should fix the skin :p (althou the logged error is not related to the crash).

We're both using StreamedMP skin. I don't have crashes or that error, he is..
    strange then.
    When he puts the old dshowhelper.dll back, all works perfectly again!

neo2001

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice idea, but the only PC I can sensibly run MP on is my 'production' HTPC (on which 1.0.2 runs very nicely) - I'm not going to break it with alpha 1.1.0 software just yet, I'll wait until 1.1.0 is at least late beta or RC (since I don't need the mod to get correct grey levels).

Tony

Yes - with the old evr.dll black levels are fine so far. So I'm not in urgent need of a MP-side solution now. I'll wait for the next major release and will try again then.

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Just got back from vacation and pleasantly surprised to see we may have a solution to the problem. I'm stoked to go home from work and copy in the new directshow helper dll and restore my SP2 evr.dll.

tourettes, Thanks for tracking this down for us! It's really appreciated!!!!!

Update:

Tried putting the updated dll onto my laptop that doesn't have the gray black issue just for testing purposes and I'm getting the crashing issue.

Can the latest svn build 1.1.0 dll be used with 1.0.2? If so, can someone post it?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Can the latest svn build 1.1.0 dll be used with 1.0.2? If so, can someone post it?

Seems that 1.1.0 alpha DLL is incompatible with 1.0.2 release (sorry, I didn't have time to figure out what actually causes it). So the only way to solve the gray blacks issue is to update to 1.1.0 Alpha release (for testing only).

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Seems that 1.1.0 alpha DLL is incompatible with 1.0.2 release (sorry, I didn't have time to figure out what actually causes it). So the only way to solve the gray blacks issue is to update to 1.1.0 Alpha release (for testing only).

:(

I guess I'll just have to wait and live with the pre SP1 evr.dll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom