Guide: Perfect playback & Display calibration (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Added Up-scaling / Post processing Guide

Would appreciate comments on the upscaling + post processing ffdshow profile. It's probably not a very CPU intensive profile. It's hard to know what settings are best to use as most of the guides + suggests are quite old and CPUs are a lot more powerful than what they were when people wrote the guides. I've gone with gentle settings.

I'd like to here what other people think about post processing + up-scaling and if any one has spent a lot of time trying different settings, so I can improve my settings.

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have always wondered, to watch 24p material on a 720p native TV (like my Panasonic Plasma), am I'm supposed to output MediaPortal in 1080p as I believe 24p is only available in 1080p and not 720p? The TV displays this just fine, and to be honest, I have a hard time seeing much difference between 720p and 1080i (that my TV must be showing?) at my preferred viewing distance. I will look at your guides though, but I just wanted to know if this is the right thing to do in my case, and I'm sure many more MePo users are still using 720p TVs as well.

Emph

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes, but let it evolve first. I don't want to have to edit two places when I make changes. can you error check, prob a few mistakes or incorrect assumptions here and there.[DOUBLEPOST=1371081617][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have always wondered, to watch 24p material on a 720p native TV (like my Panasonic Plasma), am I'm supposed to output MediaPortal in 1080p as I believe 24p is only available in 1080p and not 720p? The TV displays this just fine, and to be honest, I have a hard time seeing much difference between 720p and 1080i (that my TV must be showing?) at my preferred viewing distance. I will look at your guides though, but I just wanted to know if this is the right thing to do in my case, and I'm sure many more MePo users are still using 720p TVs as well.

Emph

disable refresh rate changer . set your video card in nvidia control panel to output 1280 by 720 at 24hz. can you still see windows ? now play a movie in mepo and press shift one.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Atomic7431 - Thanks :)

1. Can you please show me this picture, but with resolution = 1920x1080 (You don't need to click on to change resolution, just have to selected)

2. Can you please show me Media: Colour enhancement with all the colour enhancements disabled

3. Can you show me Media:Image Scaling and Display:Monitor/TV Settings

THANKS!

Last edited:

Buell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Morning,

Only for information, there are new Intel drivers in Tiles design.
    I'm at the moment not at home, so I can try this evening to upload a few screenshots

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Last edited by a moderator:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Atomic7431 - Thanks :)

3. Can you show me Media:Image Scaling and Display:Monitor/TV Settings

THANKS!

Monitor tv settings not supported on my lappy but pic there for you to show you what it says, and image scaling is there for you.

image scaling.JPGmonitor tv settings.JPG

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The wiki for MPAR says "The MediaPortal Audio Renderer is able to encode the audio again to AC3 . . ."

Is that true? The reason I ask is that Windows refuses to recognize more than 2 channels, or to send PCM (the AVR supports it) to the AVR over HDMI, but will send AC3, DTS, etc. If I follow this thread's recommendations, I get stereo if I select stereo in LAV's mixing, and I get no sound at all if I select 5.1.

Here is my "sound formats" screen.
    sound.png

I've tried everything I can think of to get more than 2 channels listed. Drivers are latest.

So I do not use MPAR, and do use LAV's bitstreaming, which works fine for audio. But when playing 23.976 material, I get tearing near the bottom of the screen. (The TV supports 24, 25, 30, 50, 60, I think.)

Does anybody recommend anything else to try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom