Guide: Perfect playback & Display calibration (1 Viewer)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
thanks for above
I'm guessing that for TV's this is the scaling that you would expect to see:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/overscan-intel-jpg.130438/
Will have to wait and see from people who have Intel HD Graphics with a TV attached.

#just tried to get a picture for you, but even connected to my tv using the dsub output i get no settings in the tv/monitor section so cant help any further sorry.[DOUBLEPOST=1371560756][/DOUBLEPOST] not changed.JPGscaling chnaged.JPG

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The wiki for MPAR says "The MediaPortal Audio Renderer is able to encode the audio again to AC3 . . ."Is that true?
    Yes
    when playing 23.976 material, I get tearing near the bottom of the screen.
    Use vsync forced always on in display driver settings.
    timestretch + sync in mpar settings
    as per guide.

If still problems. Increase HT speed + VGA core speed in bios. HT speed will have most effect on your integrated hd3200.

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @kiwijunglist: Thanks a lot for this awesome tutorial.. You're really helping the comunity a lot with this, including myself.. Really cool to expiriment with this settings!!

@Lyfesaver74: Maybe nice to report this thread to our Facebookfriends? :)

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    1. If we set v-sync in display settings to application "off/on, unless application specifies" will it turn v-sync on in MP. ie, does MP ask for v-sync

For windowed mode applications AERO will be still syncking to v-sync, it would only apply to full screen mode. Generally there is no reason to turn v-sync option of from the GPU drivers (unles to try to troubleshoot some issues on driver side).

2. Is force v-sync needed in display settings if we use v-sync in MPAR? Does it cause any harm?

No, actually something must have v-sync on EVR side to allow it to report the v-sync position. So it is actually needed to have v-sync enabled (as far as I know 1.4.0 changed in such way that full screen rendering mode is a real full screen mode so AERO wont do the sync anymore).

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is not realy clear for my, why I sould use MPA.

I've got perfect 23.97Hz playback with my AMD HD7750 and LAV (absolute flat lines and not one drop with a 3.5 hour movie).

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It is not realy clear for my, why I sould use MPA. I've got perfect 23.97Hz playback with my AMD HD7750 and LAV (absolute flat lines and not one drop with a 3.5 hour movie).

In your situation any improvement would be negligible, you can post a screenshot with shift+1. You will notice that measured refresh rate is never *exactly* the same as the fps, so you will experience slightly more drift and more frequent corrections without MPAR.[DOUBLEPOST=1371600383][/DOUBLEPOST]@tourettes but i asked, does MP ask for v-sync?

In fullscreen EVR, does MP request vsync. We have multiple vsync modes, currently I recommend people to use force vsync for ALL apps. But this affects apps outside MediaPortal (Although it probably doesn't matter), was more out of interest.

No, actually something must have v-sync on EVR side to allow it to report the v-sync position. So it is actually needed to have v-sync enabled (as far as I know 1.4.0 changed in such way that full screen rendering mode is a real full screen mode so AERO wont do the sync anymore).

Thanks this is useful. Some people reporting tearing still with vsync enabled, this sounds fishy to me. Do you think these people would benefit from triple buffering? as far as I understand it puts 3 frames into the buffer prior to displaying a frame. Will buffering the frames mess with MPAR?

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If I follow this thread's recommendations, I get stereo if I select stereo in LAV's mixing, and I get no sound at all if I select 5.1. . .

So I do not use MPAR, and do use LAV's bitstreaming, which works fine for audio. But when playing 23.976 material, I get tearing near the bottom of the screen.

I guess I wasn't clear. I never get Dolby Digital when using MPAR -- I get either stereo or nothing. When I don't use MPAR, I do get AC3 and DTS via bitstreaming.

Since MPAR reconstructs Dolby Digital, is there something else that would prevent it from being delivered to the AVR? (The mixing, perhaps?)

I will be updating to 1.4.0 any minute, so I'll retest at that time.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You only asked if MPAR can decode + re-encode AC3, it can :) Try force AC3 in MPAR. Sounds like your receiver doesn't support many PCM formats perhaps, This is not really an audio support thread, so I don't know. Maybe post in another thread?

Vertical Sync off = Tearing
    FPS:Refresh rate miss-matching = Stutter / repeated frames
    Under powered hardware = dropped frames (which looks like stutter)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom