Guide: Perfect playback & Display calibration (2 Viewers)

evolution2

Portal Pro
February 7, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Kiwi
I have just done a full reinstall of my system Win 7 etc
I'm in New Zealand and watch Freeview HD and sky tv thru mediaportal
I have most things going good again and have followed your setup guide this time.
One annoying thiong i have found mainly when watching TV3 is the mouths and audio are oiut of sync
On my previous setup i was just using older SAF and had PDVD10 set for TV codecs and all was good. Funny as I cant seem to find PDVD codecs in SAF now
I have Unlocked SAF

I also have quite a stutter when I change channels. The new channel stutters for a few secounds before playing smoothish

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^
    tv.png

BushLin

Portal Member
    December 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Just an update on about hardware acceleration on older Geforce cards.
    I don't know in which version they introduced it but with the latest drivers (320.18), my old Geforce 9400GT now supports CUVID.
    However, in current implementation with LAV Filters 0.57 the performance is worse than DXVA2 and didn't do well with broadcast H.264 1080p so the guide's advice stands.

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2009
    Home Country
    I have followed the guide and setup, very happy with the setup for most of the high end sync and surround sound. I am having an issue with some lower quality files those , noticeably due to the importance of calming kids wtih sponge bob files and others.

When playing the files the sound drops out every 20 sec for about 5 seconds and then returns, the files are listed as having MP3 audio 2.0 , it happens with these and all other media listed with this sound option. I have done a quick test if i turn the computer on and try them in media player its fine, if. I then open and play in mediaportal and have the issue and then close go back to the mediaplayer and try, the issue is now also happening in the mediaplayer . It has only started since i have followed the guide.The only other codec pack i have had on this pc is the SAF

I know i should add logs and will hopefully have time tonight. Will these help or is there a screen shot or other information i can add for to diagnose the issue.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Sogg_Nomis - 7 things you need to provide to debug the problem. I can help, but I require all 7 please.

1. MP Log, debug mode report bug to team mp (ie all plugins are disabled), play the video the causes problems.
    2. Graphstudio (installed with SAF) -> connect to remote graph, screenshot.
    3. Play video that causes problems in MPC-HC, right click properties, copy+paste details
    4. Confirm file has audio problems in MPC-HC
    5. Screenshot of MP Audio codec (?LAV, first tab only is needed) setting
    6. Screenshot of Audio renderer (?MPAR) settings.
    7. Tell me what audio connection you have between PC -> Speakers

Last edited:

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Thank you in advance, I really appreciate your time to look at my problem.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64
    1. Attached
    2. I couldn't find Graphstudio in the SAF programs, found it on net and downloaded screen attached
    3. Attached
    4. in MPC the picture works but same sound problem, in MPC-HC the picture does not work and the sound issue is the same.
    5. Attached
    6. Attached
    7. HDMI - from AMD 7800 Series GC to Samsung Blu-Ray 5.1 Home Cinema System player (HT-C5500)

Attachments

• codec main.jpg
      codec main.jpg
      139.1 KB
    • Graph Studio.jpg
      Graph Studio.jpg
      85.3 KB
    • HPC-HC properties.jpg
      HPC-HC properties.jpg
      43.9 KB
    • Lav first tab.jpg
      Lav first tab.jpg
      110 KB
    • MPAR Tab.jpg
      MPAR Tab.jpg
      84.8 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

With graph studio you have to click connect to remote graph then click on the graph then click connect, however I found a graph inside your log file anyway...

graph_MediaPortal PID (1420) IFilterGraph = E82D5A0.jpg

I can't find anything wrong, everything looks good. Are you sure the video hasn't always had bad audio problems? It might be a bad avi file. Especially since it has the same audio problems in 2 other players.

The only thing I can think of to ask is
    1. Are you running multiple displays at the same time?
    2. Are your display drivers up to date (The display driver is responsible for HDMI audio)?
    3. You can try changing the audio codec from LAV to something else, but I doubt that will help.

Last edited:

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks,

only one display, I can update the drivers but I am pretty sure they are up to date, only about 2 months old at the most. I have tried changing the codec but problem remains.

Its not just the one file its any file that seems to have the same encoding, Music Videos, Movies, TV series all has the same problem. TV does not and anything with 5.1 or AAC seems to work fine, Walking dead is good, Wreck it Ralph fine.

I haven't changed anything else on the PC, I did update to 1.4, cant remember if I did this before or after that upgrade, but the sound has been there ever since I followed the guide. The worst thing is the sound for the other formats and sync has never been better...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The most likely cause is bad audio in the video file. Since you say you followed the guide, try changing the codecs to what they were before you followed the guide, I doubt that will help though as I don't think the problem lies with MP or Codecs.

That avi audio track is just simple mp3 stereo standard 48khz. maybe your bluray player can't handle 48khz, to test 48khz you can right click volume icon in taskbar, click playback devices, then hdmi, then properties, then test 48khz. Make sure any formats that sound wierd are disabled. you can also force the sample rate to 44.1khz in MPAR settings, see if that helps.

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2009
    Home Country
    I dont know whats going on, I tried the sounds in the volume icon and it seemed to be doing the same thing playing some of the sound and stopping every few seconds in the 48khz, On the last page the option for the shared mode was also on the 48khz, i changed it down to 16khz (FM) and now there is no playback problem in mediaportal with the tested sponge bob file or any of the other ones I was having issues with.

I have not played with option ever, so unless a child o mine has changed something why would this bee conflicting? Thanks for your help I will monitor but its been about 30min with no drop out.

Attachments

• win.jpg
      win.jpg
      57.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom