Guide: Perfect playback & Display calibration (4 Viewers)

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I followed this guide and the results are great! The sound is beautiful (I do HDMI to my TV, I have HD3000). The only problem is that the sound is a little delayed on some channels now (did not have that before, although before I had some tearing and crackling). The audio delay control seems to be disabled (I can't move it back and forth). Any ideas?

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
The only problem is that the sound is a little delayed on some channels now (did not have that before, although before I had some tearing and crackling)

Try not to use MediaPortal Audio Renderer for LiveTV but instead DefaultDirectSound Device.

Ok I think using DirectSound Device takes care of that BUT here is what does not seem right. When I use MPAR with the settings instructed in the guide and tune to a channel my received 'detects' dolby digital mode and switches (there is a light that comes on) and turns off when i stop TV. When I use directsound device, the receiver stays in pro logic mode the whole way. Also using MPAR, I can only control sound through my amp (makes sense since it just passes through the digital signal to my amp) while with DS device, I can do it via my MePo remote. The sound when using MPAR is noticeably better. Also I can't use different renderers for TV and Video as there is a HUGE different in volume levels and I also need to switch remote controls to control sound.

Can somebody bring this together?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Use a different audio codec in live TV that does pass through. This will match volume levels and ensure audio is controlled on receiver only.[DOUBLEPOST=1374791144][/DOUBLEPOST]Someday I will add a bit for TV section.

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    Use a different audio codec in live TV that does pass through. This will match volume levels and ensure audio is controlled on receiver only.[DOUBLEPOST=1374791144][/DOUBLEPOST]Someday I will add a bit for TV section.

such as? Sorry MePo noob here!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try with what you already have available first.[DOUBLEPOST=1374791582][/DOUBLEPOST]Just not lav BC we disabled pass through with that one to use with mpar.

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    I have the microsoft audio decode, LAV and Cyberlink POWER DVD 12 Audio Decoder. I can't seem to do pass through with any of them. Other thoughts?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right click volume icon play back devices enable supported modes should fix pass through. Also as mentioned no mpar live tv[DOUBLEPOST=1374792576][/DOUBLEPOST]If still problem install ffdshow tryouts audio codec only.

Last edited:

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    Right click volume icon play back devices enable supported modes should fix pass through. Also as mentioned no mpar live tv[DOUBLEPOST=1374792576][/DOUBLEPOST]If still problem install ffdshow tryouts audio codec only.

Under playback devices I only have my sound card's speakers and my TV (HDMI). The TV one is active and when i go to configure the only option is 2 speakers. That's it. All enhancements are turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom