Guide to the music section of mediaportal (2 Viewers)

svortevik

Portal Pro
February 15, 2008
Is this still the best way to setup the music section? I see the guide is 3 years old, just just want to know if there is any updated guide avaliable.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Pretty much the same, check the wiki it contains the guide, with slight updates. The main thing is just correctly tagged music files.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    How to divide the same albums from different sources?
    Music->Artist->Album->Tracks example Music\Dire Straits\Money for nothing\Tracks.mp3
    Music (Loseless)->Artist->Album->Tracks example Music (Loseless)\Dire Straits\Money for nothing\Tracks.(flac|flac+cue|ape+cue|dts|dts+cue)
    Now duplicate the list of songs, ie first the first two songs, then two the second and so on.
    Tried to adjust your view, but did not find the source there may be possible as that on another?

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do I have to tag the files when I have a collection of the 90's with e. g. 2 Unlimited - No Limit and 2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone? When I tag the album title "90s", one cover will be used for the two files. MP is creating the images by artist - album title and in that case both are the same.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How do I have to tag the files when I have a collection of the 90's with e. g. 2 Unlimited - No Limit and 2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone? When I tag the album title "90s", one cover will be used for the two files. MP is creating the images by artist - album title and in that case both are the same.

Is this a released compilation, or did you make this compilation yourself from random songs in your collection? If it's a released compilation, it'd make sense for all tracks to share the same cover (that of this compilation) rather than showing the track's original album artwork. Or am I not understanding what you're trying to do?

Personally, I'd love to see albums with multiple discs use the individual disc covers when available rather than just falling back to the first image supplied. Case in point:

Let's say I have an album called "Club collection", consisting of 5 "discs". All discs have similar artwork, but with a DISC #1, DISC#2, etc in the artwork and with different musical styles for each disc. If I queue all discs in MediaPortal, the album cover of Disc #1 will be shown no matter which disc is in play, with corresponding folder.jpg and different ID3 tag embedded images for each album. I really miss this feature, as it feels like some lazy coding. But I don't know anything about coding, so I'm surely wrong. :)

Emph

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Also you will have
    #filetype
    at track level (which gives you something for the flip side in cover flow layout )
    How to use it? And is it possible to tag #sourse (source name from the configurator)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is this a released compilation, or did you make this compilation yourself from random songs in your collection?

I did this compilation myself and want that each track has its own cover.

Then you could have just made a playlist from the original albums. All covers would show up correctly, however, your custom album name would not.

Emph

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How to divide the same albums from different sources?
    Music->Artist->Album->Tracks example Music\Dire Straits\Money for nothing\Tracks.mp3
    Music (Loseless)->Artist->Album->Tracks example Music (Loseless)\Dire Straits\Money for nothing\Tracks.(flac|flac+cue|ape+cue|dts|dts+cue)
    Now duplicate the list of songs, ie first the first two songs, then two the second and so on.
    Tried to adjust your view, but did not find the source there may be possible as that on another?

not sure. I would give one of the albums a custom name eg. "Money for Nothing" and "Money for Nothing [FLAC]". Not sure why you need two copies of the same album, I'd just delete the low quality version.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    not sure. I would give one of the albums a custom name eg. "Money for Nothing" and "Money for Nothing [FLAC]". Not sure why you need two copies of the same album, I'd just delete the low quality version.
    Others took the seat with a network player who does not understand flac, friends ask for recorder in the car. If you change the name of the album, it is not always Updated On information about the album. Now do Album and Album (Loseless) but it is inconvenient if you add another tag (source) then going to the album could see 2 lines: Music and Music (Loseless) well, or more if there is more than a directory of sources. It would be convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom