[solved] Hama Remote - Pause Button (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If wanted to use it without the hotkey script, what folder should place the xml file in? Thanks for the help!
    Place it in the folder shown in the screenshot, that folder will only be generated there if you have ever changed the mappings of a remote. So if you can't find it either create a new folder of exactly the same name or change something in the mapping of the existing remote and it should appear automatically.
    Untitled.jpg

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can see that when I am in live TV and I press the PAUSE or PLAY button, the IR receiver blinks, but no sound is played like for other button presses, so the command is not going through.
    The only unusual aspect of the xml definition that you posted is that the second occurrence of the conproperty attribute is the null string (""), whereas in my definition it is the value "-1". However, I don't think that this is significant as in my xml definition file I have two other button definitions that have the null string as the value of conproperty, and they both work correctly.

My best guess at the moment is that it is Chrome getting in the way, even though it is closed. I have never used Chrome, but I suspect that it starts at boot up, and that there is a "Chrome Service" that is always running, even when Chrome is closed. (It may be named something other than "Chrome Servce".)

Examine very carefully all of the Chrome settings and configuration options, and disable any that look as though they might be related to the keyboard or remote control (e.g. hot keys). If you cannot find any relevant options, then try disabling the Chrome Service (whatever it is called), and see if that makes a difference:

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

chizz

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Place it in the folder shown in the screenshot, that folder will only be generated there if you have ever changed the mappings of a remote. So if you can't find it either create a new folder of exactly the same name or change something in the mapping of the existing remote and it should appear automatically.
    View attachment 197146

This is the worst. I have the file in that folder, I've disabled AHK, rebooted and have the same result. I verified the mappings look like the screenshot that was sent. I receiver gets the signal (light blinks red) but Live TV doesn't pause. I have this remote - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00224ZDFY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

chizz

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Ok, here's something, I found a program called "Showoff" that shows the keystrokes sent when I press a button on the remote. With MediaPortal not running, when I press the Pause, Play or Stop buttons, there is no output detected at all, all other buttons display a corresponding output.

ShowOff – Skrommel's One Hour Software

Perhaps, someone could run it and tell me what values they see for the above buttons, and I can try to decipher how to set them in my system? I think I have an issue beyond mediaportal...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps, someone could run it and tell me what values they see for the above buttons, and I can try to decipher how to set them in my system? I think I have an issue beyond mediaportal...

Tried that (Showoff) on mine with MP closed and Pause and Play both show "Media Play/Pause" and Stop is "Media Stop". Since you are seeing the light on the receiver flashing when you press these buttons on the remote it does tend to suggest something is blocking/intercepting these codes. I suppose it could be a problem with the driver that gets loaded when you plug the receiver into the USB, maybe try it in a different USB socket? Or less likely I feel, the remote itself is defective.:unsure:

chizz

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Tried that (Showoff) on mine with MP closed and Pause and Play both show "Media Play/Pause" and Stop is "Media Stop". Since you are seeing the light on the receiver flashing when you press these buttons on the remote it does tend to suggest something is blocking/intercepting these codes. I suppose it could be a problem with the driver that gets loaded when you plug the receiver into the USB, maybe try it in a different USB socket? Or less likely I feel, the remote itself is defective.:unsure:

I've had enough, I broke down and ordered a new remote. I'll let you know the result, thanks for trying. Faulty hardware is the worst thing to troubleshoot!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've had enough, I broke down and ordered a new remote. I'll let you know the result, thanks for trying. Faulty hardware is the worst thing to troubleshoot!
    I just had a thought what about booting up in safe mode and just run Showoff and see what happens with the buttons, that should eliminate any software (Chrome etc.) from blocking.
    Time for bed here.:sleep:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    With MediaPortal not running, when I press the Pause, Play or Stop buttons, there is no output detected at all
    The following thread describes similar problems that WMC users experienced:

View topic - Stop / Skip / Replay Keys Not Working

In their case, it was the STOP, SKIP, and REPLAY keys that were not working, but they were also using a standard MCE remote, which uses a different interface than the Ortek remote. So it is possible that the same problem causes slightly different keys to malfunction when using the Ortek. Origin of problem? Chrome

chizz

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Home Country
    The following thread describes similar problems that WMC users experienced:

View topic - Stop / Skip / Replay Keys Not Working

In their case, it was the STOP, SKIP, and REPLAY keys that were not working, but they were also using a standard MCE remote, which uses a different interface than the Ortek remote. So it is possible that the same problem causes slightly different keys to malfunction when using the Ortek. Origin of problem? Chrome

I found this setting in Chrome, I will turn it off and report back after testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom