Hauppage 350 45 button Remote not working with RC2 of Media (1 Viewer)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Not sure if it helps, but with latest CVS you can add in the "remote" section in your MediaPortal.xml the following "undocumented" switch:

Code:
<entry name="HCWHelperPort">2110</entry>

2110 is the default port, try to change it to another value to see if that helps. You're not having some firewall or AV software blocking network traffic?

zobby2000

Portal Member
February 18, 2005
Hi all,

Have just tried mPods suggestion - no luck I'm afraid. Still the same error after trying 2 or 3 different ports. Pretty sure I have no firewall software disabling any ports either - haveSygate Personal Firewall which I've disabled, and have switched off Microsoft Firewall and any anti virus and anti spyware that may be causing a block.

05/01/2006 18:11:36 NetHelper: Connect: 10047 - An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used
05/01/2006 18:11:36 NetHelper: Connection failed: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used
05/01/2006 18:11:36 HCW Helper: Main: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'HCWHelper'.

zobby2000

Portal Member
February 18, 2005
Hurrah! Well done mPod!

Many Many thanks mpod - the new CVS works - I can can use the Hauppauge remote succesfully.

If you could tell me what you've done - I'd be very grateful - I'm naturally nosey!

Thanks again

John.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I rewrote NetHelper from scratch. For some reason MP did not allow TCP traffic on your localhost address. Never mind, everything's new and seems to run better. :wink:

zobby2000

Portal Member
February 18, 2005
Well - I can't thank you enough. Anything that will stop me having to get up to change channels!

I'm very impressed with this project, and very impressed with the dedication of the team to it.

All the best

John.

begica

Portal Member
December 26, 2005
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Thank you guys!
I can now finally use 0.2 RC2 with my HVR-1100 and hauppauge remote.

Mac500

Portal Member
January 10, 2005
Sweden
I still have problems even with the latest CVS.
MP continues to crash if I activate Hauppauge remotes...
But if I dont close the application error window and continue to use MP, the remote does work!
But when I switch to TV and change channel MP shuts down completely.

Harware as follow...
Area: Remotes
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-06)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 1.80GHz
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: 8IPE1000-G (Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR150
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.0.35.23258
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: 7.7.7.7
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: 5.10.0.5413
Synopsis:: -

And the error log:
2006-01-07 02:44:07 TVDatabase exception err:The type initializer for 'SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient' threw an exception. stack: at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient..ctor(String dbName)
at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.Open()
2006-01-07 02:44:08 Exception while loading GUIWindows instances: WindowPlugins.GUIPrograms.GUIPrograms
2006-01-07 02:44:08 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2006-01-07 02:44:08 at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
2006-01-07 02:44:09 Exception while loading ISetupForm instances: WindowPlugins.GUIPrograms.SetupForm
2006-01-07 02:44:09 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2006-01-07 02:44:09 at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

And I have the same errors on a another computer with completely different hardware... Tv card in that computer is a WinTV Go2

Hope this could be helpful...

vigstrom

Portal Member
December 30, 2005
Sweden, glorious sweden!
Latest CVS, still crashes on startup with Hauppauge Remote

Update

Sadly I still can not use RC2, RC1 works ok though, but not as smooth as RC2 without the remote.

I get the exact same errors as Mac500

Here's how I installed, tell me if something is wrong:
Uninstalled Mediaportal
Deleted Mediaportal dir
Installed RC2
Installed CVS mediaportal-cvs-01-07-2006--09-15 by overwrting all files and running start.bat
MP throws an error on startup, same errors in log as before
MP runs with remote if I don't click Close on the error message
MP runs if I deactivate the remote in setup
When I close the error msg MP closes but it also kills WinTV Remote Controller.

I do not get nethelper errors, but I have also tried changing the port as instructed by mpod. No AV, no FW, just XP SP2 with latest patches.

Sincerely,
Vigstrom

Poromenos

Portal Member
January 12, 2006
My Hauppauge remote doesn't work with RC2 either. I have an old one (black), I haven't tried previous versions of MP (the last one I had was 1 I think) and I didn't have the drivers installed, but I downloaded a WinTV IR program from the Hauppauge website. Can someone tell me what I can download to make it work properly?

Also, I am currently using another product to control MP (and Windows) but it's laggy and inaccurate. Is it the same with MP's native remote control? If so, which receiver do I have to buy to have fluid, natural response, like my television?

By the way, I am VERY impressed with MP, I'm thinking of buying a new TV just for it (and to think I never have time to watch movies). Keep up the good work guys!

Mac500

Portal Member
January 10, 2005
Sweden
Any news about this issue?
I´m using the latest CVR right now (mediaportal-cvs-01-25-2006--12-05) and have the same problems as before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom