Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (2 Viewers)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
luci5r
First, do you get signal in Arcsoft Showbiz ??

NO GO.

SHOWBIZ1.PNG

I can confirm - I'm getting no signal in ArcSoft ShowBiz either! Does this mean there is something wrong with my actual connections? But I don't get it - I've double checked my connections multiple times already. Component from Comcast Cable box is going into Hauppauge Colossus "In" slot; and Optical cable going from Cable's Out to Colossus In. It's the same cables & connections I was using before ... like 4 days ago before we moved.

I'm stumped!!

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Does your cable box is ON ?? It happens to me once.

Have you try to connect the component in your TV to see if the Cable Box is OK ??

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Does your cable box is ON ?? It happens to me once.

Have you try to connect the component in your TV to see if the Cable Box is OK ??

IT WORKS.

Took your advice; basically unplugged every single cable and re-plugged them back in - and it just worked! I can't tell you what was wrong, but my best guess is that although everything was plugged into the right slot, I think one of them was just not plugged in all the way throught. Mostly likely the pin that goes into Colossus. Although I had unplugged & re-plugged last night as well, it's sort of bizzare that I kept plugging it in short. This time I actually brought the machine out a bit and put in some strength - so that can be my best guess.

Either way, it works now. Everything is working as it should.

Thanks!!

scoot13

Portal Member
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2
    MediaPortal Skin: default
    Windows Version: Win7 Home Premium 64bit
    CPU Type: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-core
    HDD: primary is 120G Patriot SATA II SSD, SATA 700G WD, 1.5TB WD MyBook External USB Drive
    Memory: 4gb ddr2
    Motherboard: ASUS
    Video Card: nvidia GT440
    Video Card Driver: latest
    Sound Card: onboard
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HD-PVR
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Saf v6.0.8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: LAV
    h.264 Video Codec: PDVD11
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Dish Network
    Remote: MCE
    TV: Vizio 44"
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI & SPDIF via Yamaha Receiver

I had MP installed and working on the above system and I decided to install a 120G SSD as my C: drive. Fresh install, updates, and then installed MP. Everything seemed to go smoothly except for a couple of issues. The big one is that I can't seem to get audio on Live TV or recordings. I could tune to Live TV and get a picture just fine but no audio. I am pretty sure that I previously came across this issue somewhere in this thread but I could not find it again.

I can get live TV sound and pic in Total Media Extreme so I know that it should be working.

I had some recordings scheduled last night and none of them had any audio. After messing with the settings, the last recording did have audio but somehow now I have it messed up to the point where it now freezes when I go to live TV. That's when I gave up and rebooted from the old drive so I could watch a few shows before bed.

Since I can boot from the old drive, I can compare settings and I think that I have them set up the same but the SSD install just won't do live TV. I hate to reinstall again but I may have to. Has anyone had any success just copying the files over from a working MP directory to a new install?

Any advice is appreciated.

scoot13

Portal Member
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks kilik360! I did need to do that but now things have gotten worse... I can't seem to get any pic OR audio now on the SSD install.

After posting this message, I booted back into the old HDD drive and when i tried to view live TV, the program would freeze. I tried Total Media Extreme (TME) to see if the signal was there and it was not. I found that changing off of the SPDIF input would bring the pic back.

I connected RCA cables to the HD-PVR and then both MP and TME worked perfectly. Just for testing purposes, I went back to TME and switched to SPDIF audio again and it worked fine.... so did MP! hmmmph...

So I booted to the SSD again to work on that install... TME brings sound & pic with no problem but MP, when going to live TV, just seems to hang for a long time, then do nothing. Maybe I am gonna need to reinstall MP...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom