Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (7 Viewers)

DetrieZ

Portal Member
June 11, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Horrible rookie mistake

While trying to troubleshoot my HDPVRissue (20+ seconds to change channels) I came across a post about installing a patch HERE (post 367).
A serious brain fart prevented me from backing up my original files and I'm unable to get back into MePo.:oops:

Can someone either post these files or suggest another way to ge them back? I started an install hoping for a repair option but was only presented with a fresh install so I abandoned it.
These are the files I need with their locations

MediaPortal
- Common.Utils.dll
- DirectShowLib.dll
- PowerScheduler.Interfaces.dll
- TvBusinessLayer.dll
- TvControl.dll
- TVDatabase.dll
- TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll

MediaPortal\plugins\Windows
- TvPlugin.dll

Thank you
Detrie

DetrieZ

Portal Member
June 11, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
RESOLVED..

In case anyone else makes this same mistake....
  1. I installed MP on another machine using the same installation file I used on my HTPC (it was sitting in my downloads file)
  2. I then copied the files over to my HTPC and overwrote the old files
  3. Reboot 'just because' and I'm up and running again

Thanks

btw.. I'm still having an issue with long delays when changing channels

Detrie

sandpalm

February 2, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Anyone experienced random dropped frames on Colossus? I'm inputting component 1080i. Tried with combinations of original driver/software CD and latest downloads on clean XP Pro and Windows 7 home 32bit, all latest ms updates, installed on Core2Quad Q9300 and Corei7 2600K systems. Exactly the same results in all combinations using Showbiz or WinTV. Stuttering occurs in different spots on multiple captures of the same material. The stuttering occurs both in the preview window and during playback of captured files but at the same spots. It's as if the encoder can't keep up. There's gotta be a way to make this work!
:D

deskwizard

Portal Member
April 12, 2010
St-Hubert
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yes I had!

I had to use the SAF (unlock) codec pack to get rid of almost all of them, but I'm not sure this applies to you.
Also try if you can get your device to output 720P instead. It did help slightly for me.

You could also try to play with the framerate, lower it and see if its that.

Hope these couple hints can help you a little....

DW

leigh75

Portal Member
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I had to set mine to 5mbp to get smooth play back the file is a bit biger than I wanted. I just have halli and showbiz on my system so I'm happy with it as I don't like codec packs. Oh I'm running win7 32bit

sandpalm

February 2, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
I had to use the SAF (unlock) codec pack to get rid of almost all of them, but I'm not sure this applies to you.
Also try if you can get your device to output 720P instead. It did help slightly for me.

You could also try to play with the framerate, lower it and see if its that.

Hope these couple hints can help you a little....

I had to set mine to 5mbp to get smooth play back the file is a bit biger than I wanted. I just have halli and showbiz on my system so I'm happy with it as I don't like codec packs. Oh I'm running win7 32bit

Thanks for your tips! My issue isn't with playback but rather its the actual captured content.
Randomly 2-3 frames are dropped (during capture), it's not really obvious if your content is generally stationary.
Yes if I lower the source resolution the stuttering is gone but I really need 1080i, 720P just doesn't cut it.
I haven't tried lowering the bitrate but at 9mbps, it's already less than half of the max (20mbps). I suspect maybe the encoder can't handle it. Are there other comparable products I should be looking at?

sandpalm

February 2, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Have you try 29361colossus driver from hauppauge. Great improvement for me.
kilik360, you just made my day! As stated in my post, I swear the 1st thing I did was go to the website to obtain the latest drivers posted in the support section. This was just a few days ago and it was 29291, in fact--the release notes are still for 29291! (when was 29361 made available?)
Anyway, I installed 29361 and just as you claim it's a major improvement!

Thanks again for your reply. Also thanks to leigh75 & deskwizard for your replies!

leigh75

Portal Member
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I may be wrong here but arnt 720p and 1080i the same thing? As for 5mb thing I can't go lower but have not tried to go higher yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom