Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (1 Viewer)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Have you try 29361colossus driver from hauppauge. Great improvement for me.
    kilik360, you just made my day! As stated in my post, I swear the 1st thing I did was go to the website to obtain the latest drivers posted in the support section. This was just a few days ago and it was 29291, in fact--the release notes are still for 29291! (when was 29361 made available?)
    Anyway, I installed 29361 and just as you claim it's a major improvement!

Thanks again for your reply. Also thanks to leigh75 & deskwizard for your replies!
    :D
    Glad I could help my friend.

PABeaver

Portal Member
    November 12, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    All right now I have my 4250hd changing channels with firewire but I can't use my 4642hd via irblaster! Can any one tell me how this is done? I would like to be able to watch and record at the the same time or just record on two channels at once.

The irblaster from Hauppauge does not tell the difference between different tuners (at least last time I checked), so you will have to use a different solution for blasting two different STB's.

leigh75

Portal Member
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm good for blasting now as I was able to get 2 more 4250hd stb's. So I have firewire working for all of them now. The next thing I need to do is get them all working with audio and video. If I add channels and map them to the right cards will this work and can I then merge them so I get epg data from sd. I tred to setup new line ups for each tuner on the sd web site but that is a no go. I plan on having two tv's runnig on this setup but I have the Mom and Dad isues. So I need to be able to watch on two tv's at the same time. I'm going to give it a shot and see but if some one can tell me how or if this what I need to do it would be great.

ok what dose NoPMTfound mean?

PABeaver

Portal Member
    November 12, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Home Country
    I'm good for blasting now as I was able to get 2 more 4250hd stb's. So I have firewire working for all of them now. The next thing I need to do is get them all working with audio and video. If I add channels and map them to the right cards will this work and can I then merge them so I get epg data from sd. I tred to setup new line ups for each tuner on the sd web site but that is a no go. I plan on having two tv's runnig on this setup but I have the Mom and Dad isues. So I need to be able to watch on two tv's at the same time. I'm going to give it a shot and see but if some one can tell me how or if this what I need to do it would be great.

I am not totally sure about this, but I believe you can have one line-up with SD and map the same channels to the different cards?

I do know that you can have multiple line-ups in SD and map them to the different cards. You can then merge them if you want.

leigh75

Portal Member
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok when I said SD I mean SchedulesDirect in case you thought I had ment StanderDef. As I read this again today when not running on 0 sleep lol. So I have a colossus card and a HD-PVR and I can map the channels to both fine. The thing I can't figure out is if the colossus need's to be set to spdif2 how do I set the audio input for the HD-PVR. Iknow that I can record and get audio but will I get it in live TV as well. I have two a server and a client setup in another room for my mom and dad so I want to watch in both rooms at the same time. Ok I give up on spdif audio and went to rca and now all is good. Well I would still love to have 5.1 audio but I can live with this for now.

deskwizard

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    St-Hubert
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I usually get that when I try to tune a channel without a video input connected.
    Might be multiple things, though, but for me it was it when I was testing out things.

DW

leigh75

Portal Member
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok have not tryed this but what I'm guessing is if I had say two Colossus card's as aposed to one Colossus and one HD-PVR I could use spdif and get 5.1 audio. As they would both user the same settings so when I switched two RCA I now can watch and record at the same time or watch on both tv's at the same time. I think the fix for this would be to have a setting under the divice it self to set the inputs. Not on the channel level like it is now unless I have missed some thing. I do plane on getting one more Colossus card as I find it to be of better quality and just runs better IMO. I am left with the same isuse as I will not be able two use spdif and have to stick with RCA. On the plus side the Colossus is not supported by mythtv and as far as I know you can only use one Colossus or one HD-PVR in mce. Add to that the feel and power Mediaportal has to offer I can live with this and see this being fixed.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Guys,

We just moved recently so all I did was unplug my existing setup and connect everything back in "as is" in the new home -- and now all of a sudden I'm not getting any TV on my Media Portal. I get "No Active Streams" when I click on "TV Streams". Clicking on any program on any channel in the TV Guide gives "Program not found". I don't get it!! I changed absolutely nothing. This was a simple plug out cables and plug back in cables job!! Same software, same settings, same cables, same slots, same everything. I just can't get Live TV to come on my Media Portal.

Using MP1.2, Hauppauge Colossus, Component/Optical Connections.

Any ideas?

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    luci5r
    First, do you get signal in Arcsoft Showbiz ??

I was having remote control issues when I Showbiz installed -- so I had removed it! After scratching my brains out last night, I'm left with no choice but to reinstall it in order to check exactly what you're asking. I'll have to deal with the remote control issues later.

Give me a few; I'm going to install Showbiz and see if I'm getting a signal in that.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom