Hauppauge WinTV CI-module. (1 Viewer)

WsQ

Portal Pro
December 15, 2008
Kangasala
Home Country
Finland Finland
I have Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500 card and WinTV-CI. It works quite well a lot of the time, but often it makes the video unwatchable (makes it seem like it had weak signal even when the signal is good). It seems to have this affect both the scrambled and FTA channels.

I've noticed that MP config wont remember the card that I've assigned the ci to. When I open TV-Server config and go to WinTV-CI config, it always has the card assigned to MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter. When I change it to my card it runs well for a while but always starts to act funny after some time. When I go to config again, the assingment has changed.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I still have that WinTVCi hocked up to my test pc and there i can not reproduce the issue that the cardbinding gets lost.
    Btw. if you are not using the IP-TV "Card" you can safely dissable it. would be interesting to know what happens then.

pauly

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    HN/LB
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Hauppauge WinTV CI-module.

I've received the H7 now.

Works perfectly with my KDG-Nagra-Smartcard (D09)! :D

A test with my KabelBW-NDS-Smartcard will follow.

Even it goes off topic now I just wanted to mention that the H7 works also perfectly with a KabelBW-NDS-Smartcard.

pauly

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Hauppauge WinTV CI-module.

I've received the H7 now.

Works perfectly with my KDG-Nagra-Smartcard (D09)! :D

A test with my KabelBW-NDS-Smartcard will follow.

Even it goes off topic now I just wanted to mention that the H7 works also perfectly with a KabelBW-NDS-Smartcard.
    uhm... with which CAM please? :confused:

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I still have that WinTVCi hocked up to my test pc and there i can not reproduce the issue that the cardbinding gets lost.
    Btw. if you are not using the IP-TV "Card" you can safely dissable it. would be interesting to know what happens then.

It is disabled, but it has no effect to WinTV-CI config. Also I found out that if I first go to WinTV-CI config, then to some other part of TV-Server config and back to WinTV-CI config, all tuners are shown twice in the list. If I do this again they are shown three times and then four and five etc.

I also figured out that while watching TV and when the signal gets "corrupted", I can fix it by disconnecting the WinTV-CI from USB and then reconnecting.

jigsjdg

Portal Member
    February 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Chris,

For WsQ's clarity: I assume you meant v1 as in "Rev A1" (wich is what Hauppauge uses for this device versioning).

WsQ: if you do have a Rev A1 device, you can try "complaining" with Hauppauge's UK support desk.
    I did (even though I'm from NL) when I bought a brand new Nova T-Stick to work with my CI module (Rev. A2) but when I opened the package it turned out to be an older version of the T-Stick that did not work with the CI module. They exchanged it for a newer version free of charge and without hassle. You will need a name/number before sending your device back though, so contact them first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom