Hauppauge WinTV CI-module. (1 Viewer)

jigsjdg

Portal Member
February 6, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Okay, we're writing three months later now and after being up and down through the net, I was wondering if there is any update on HP's standpoint of not sharing the (proper) SDK for the WinTV-CI USB module?
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/205617-post27.html :)

but noone confirmed yet if it works or not.
I now can: it doesn't yet.
I've been working with dman_lfc to test the lot for him and we're at a point where he needs to address some issues he ran into with Hauppauge directly.
He got close though, but it's now waiting for the sigar ;)

Update: you'd need TVServer SVN v17355+ but the current latest will do too

rollihimself

Portal Member
April 15, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is there something new from HP´s ? I have the card and tried to use it in MP but it still wont work. i just receive the message that channels are srambled oO ...

greets

bergsprekken

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Whats the procedure for configuring this ci module? Just select the tuner to use it with in that special wintv-ci pane that appears in tv-server config or do we have to also select "cam available" box on the tuners edit page?

What about dual tuners?

bergsprekken

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
I didnt get it to work but I just found out my conax cam is probably broken so I would have to test it again when I get a new CAM.

jigsjdg

Portal Member
February 6, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
After being away from MediaPortal for slightly more than a year (in favour of WinXP MCE 2005 RU2/SP3, for which Hauppauge has got the WinTV-CI module working nowadays), I decided to try the latest final build once more; see where it is now.

Using a Hauppauge Nova-T USB stick (model# 70011) and the WinTV-CI module, I was able to receive the FTA channels. The TV-Server gave me 'Channel Scrambled' errors for all non-FTA channels.
But.... as I wanted to check if the config wasn't broken on MCE2005, I checked one non-FTA channel. Closed MCE, opened TVServer config -> Manual Control and... I was able to timeshift the same scrambled channel...?!? I could even properly use Teletext for this channel. (When tuning into this channel, I could see in the Manual Control that it first detected the channel as scrambled then quickly swithed to 'no' in the scrambled column). All other channels still gave me the 'Channel Scrambled' error..

Then, I disabled the T-Stick and tried my Nova-T-USB2 tuner, as that should work with the CI-Module as well according the changelog for TVServer 1.0 RC3. Made sure the channels were mapped allright, changed the CI module association to the T-USB2 tuner, clicked 'OK' and rebooted to make sure everything was restarted properly. Checked again; the T-Stick was still disabled and the CI module associated with the T-USB2. Nothing but an 'Unknown error occured' was shown.

Disabled the T-USB2, re-enabled the T-Stick, set channel mapping back, set the CI module to the T-Stick and restarted the service from Manual Control. Then I could only watch FTA and none of the scrambled channels (not even the one I could watch before)

Very odd behaviour. It does work, but far from flawless I guess, unless I did something wrong somewhere?!?
I could sent in the logfiles, but they're probably so large by now, there's hardly anything to be found in them right now. But, if it could help, I can attach them.
But if there's a scenario I should/could test (or multiple scenarios), I can clear the logfiles and perform the actions. But then a Dev should come up with a scenario I should execute...

Hope to hear!
-Jigs

/edit
Hauppauge has released many newer versions of their drivers since 1.0 RC3. Could that be a problem?
Which versions of drivers are verified working with the hardware/MP?
Also: there's a SetupMCE-CI plugin from Hauppauge which adds the CI module to MCE's graphs to render the channels properly. Could this be affecting MP's CI support? Just dumping some hunches here...
/edit

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,

I've got a WinTV-CI too with a brand new Conax Cam from Smit and a HVR4000 and 2 channels of my PayTV package were working till last friday. And they did it flawless!!! But... then something happend, don't really know what, but they don't work anymore :\ See here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...side-subscription-scrambled-76387/#post562790

Posted that in the actual SVN Forum but till now no reply, neither from a DEV nor another User who could have a clue... but I've got still hope that somebody can help :)

So if I can provide Logs or test anything just tell me and I'm ready :) !!!

Regards
ARE2

pauly

Portal Member
January 6, 2009
HN/LB
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Hauppauge WinTV CI-module.

Good evening everybody,

I recently have purchased the Hauppauge 11000 LF USB CI module to use it with MP and my Terratec H5 stick. Unfortunately I have found this thread only after I have bought this module.

Of course I haven't got it to work or even to show up in the TV-Server configuration somehow to be able to be configured.

Has anybody meanwhile succeeded in setting up this CI with MP?

Tips and suggestions would be highly appreciated!

A desperated

pauly:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom