HD TV in AC3+/DD+/E-AC3. No more HD TV (1 Viewer)

jidehem

Portal Member
June 28, 2006
Paris
Home Country
France France
Sorry, my mistake, WaltZ1000.
I've renamed tswriter.ax to tswriter.ax.old. But the file was probably in use when I renamed it, Windows did not use your version.
After reboot, HD video is back :)

Unfortunately, I don't hear any sound. But since I tried to change a lot of settings, I've probably made a mistake.
I will try again tomorroy.

By the way, I use SpDIF output. Are you using the same configuration ?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    No source code patch received (yet), but at least based on the logging we wont include such hack/workaround into the SVN:

AddStream: set E-AC3 audio stream to AC3

E-AC3 stream type must be preserved to the TsReader audio output pin and not to be faked in the TsWriter.

WaltZ1000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    No source code patch received (yet), but at least based on the logging we wont include such hack/workaround into the SVN:
    yep, I doubt, that's why I have not (yet) provided source code patch.
    I know my workaround is not sustainable, the goal was to provide a quick solution.

E-AC3 stream type must be preserved to the TsReader audio output pin and not to be faked in the TsWriter.
    I'll try to make a real management of the new stream to preserve the audio output pin,
    but I fear that this is a little more complicated than just a hack :confused:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'll try to make a real management of the new stream to preserve the audio output pin,
    but I fear that this is a little more complicated than just a hack :confused:

Actually it shouldn't be that complicated, but if don't want to make such change please provide a sample .ts file (that contains the correct type preserved for the audio stream). TsWriter needs a small modification so it will save the E-AC3 stream.

I'll try to arrange some free time during next week...

WaltZ1000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    in fact, is more simple than I thought, I already have a version of "TsWriter" and "TsReader" fully functional without hack! :cool:

I'll do some more tests, and publish this version here to get some feedback before giving a .patch

gjfbret

June 5, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I tried your patch and it worked perfectly. HD channels are back on my MP. :)
    Thanks a lot WaltZ1000.

WaltZ1000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Here is a new version of the "E-AC3" patch without hack ;)
    3 files have been modified (TsWrite.ax, and TsReader.ax TvLibrary.dll) to handle the stream e-ac3 (descriptor = 0x7E)

all feedback are welcome before I provide a .patch

Attachments

• eac3 patch without hack.zip
      30.7 KB

GAVISCON

December 27, 2007
    Here is a new version of the "E-AC3" patch without hack ;)
    3 files have been modified (TsWrite.ax, and TsReader.ax TvLibrary.dll) to handle the stream e-ac3 (descriptor = 0x7E)

all feedback are welcome before I provide a .patch

"E-AC3" patch without hack works fine for me.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom