HDTV stutter (1 Viewer)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    And if my 9300 is underpowered, which Nvidia card should be suitable for my needs?

:D

I'm pretty sure you will have no problems with a 9500 series. There are fanless versions out there.

Personally I prefer ATI cards, picture quality is really better than NVIDIA.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And if my 9300 is underpowered, which Nvidia card should be suitable for my needs?

I'm pretty sure you will have no problems with a 9500 series. There are fanless versions out there.

I thought that picture quality should be the same on all cards?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I was able to get perfect hdtv playback on a core2duo 1.86ghz with a lowly ati x1300 so the requirements really aren't that high.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was able to get perfect hdtv playback on a core2duo 1.86ghz with a lowly ati x1300 so the requirements really aren't that high.

With EVR?

I'm also a bit scared to take a ati, because of this bug. Nvidia has never given me problems, only with my HDTV:
    0001192: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled - MediaPortal Bugtracker

pvkleeff

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    Roosendaal
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

With EVR?

I'm also a bit scared to take a ati, because of this bug. Nvidia has never given me problems, only with my HDTV:
    0001192: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Funny thing is I finally got rid of that problem when I swapped my ATI 2600 Pro for a ATI 5570 (Sapphire LP model) last saturday, because with the 2600 I couldn't get more than 40 fps in 1080i.
    Not only I now have a perfect 1080i performance, but no more flickering as well :)

I know that ATI has pixelation issues on several HD channels, but (luckily) I don't have those, so for me it's no problem to get an ATI card.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I thought that picture quality should be the same on all cards?

Why do you think that? Different chipsets/drivers/software even different codecs can give different picture qualities. There are plenty of comparisons between video picture quality of nvidia and ATI out there. Try to google...

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Another note,

When I use EVR I have dropped frames everywhere. In SD tv HD tv and MKV. When I use VMR9 I don't have any dropped frames. Only issue I have with VMR9, is that HD tv is playing at 25 fps.

So is this really graphic card related?

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Another note,

When I use EVR I have dropped frames everywhere. In SD tv HD tv and MKV. When I use VMR9 I don't have any dropped frames. Only issue I have with VMR9, is that HD tv is playing at 25 fps.

In my opinion yes. VMR9 is lighter than EVR, this could be the explanation of this behaviour.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Another note,

In my opinion yes. VMR9 is lighter than EVR, this could be the explanation of this behaviour.

I noticed you have a 4670. Did you have any problems with this card like the flickering guide and pixelation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom