HE-AAC support (DVB-T) (1 Viewer)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good, can you put a small .ts recording of a channel on our ftp please?

Address: ftp.team-mediaportal.com
    Login: tsdump@team-mediaportal.com
    Password: mpuser88

About 45-60secs should be good enough.

Cheers

DMAN

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep uploading now, could take a while though they are ~30Mb each at 128kbs :(
    They are called:

For DMAN from mcraenz (C4) .ts

For DMAN from mcraenz (Tv One) .ts - This 1 might contain an AC3 audio stream as well; I know they were doing some testing with AC3.

ETA 1hour30mins!

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been testing this as well, but haven't tried recording, just viewing directly with Media Portal as a client. I have had the AC3 streams working ok with TVOne and TV2, but obviously HE-AAC has been an issue on the others. With SVN 17500 TVOne and TV2 have stopped working, perhaps because TVE3 now recognises the HE-AAC stream.

Anyway, my reply with details and logs is in the SVN thread "TVEngine3 Snapshot: 02-24-2008 05-09h Revision 17500".

Will keep testing as things develop.

Thanks heaps for getting the work done to include this support!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been testing this as well, but haven't tried recording, just viewing directly with Media Portal as a client. I have had the AC3 streams working ok with TVOne and TV2, but obviously HE-AAC has been an issue on the others. With SVN 17500 TVOne and TV2 have stopped working, perhaps because TVE3 now recognises the HE-AAC stream.

Anyway, my reply with details and logs is in the SVN thread "TVEngine3 Snapshot: 02-24-2008 05-09h Revision 17500".

Will keep testing as things develop.

Thanks heaps for getting the work done to include this support!

Re-scan the channels to update the audio stream info.
    Also set the client to prefer AC3.

DMAN

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No joy unfortunately. Tried both a rescan, which resulted in updated channels, and also deleted and rescanned from scratch, but I get the same result as before with the HE-AAC channels. For audio I've tried MPA, Cyberlink Audio Decoder, and ffdshowa and DScaler Audio Decoder. The best result I get is with Cyberlink which initially freezes video, but then if I fast forward to the end of the timeshift I get some pops and hisses, and video sort of plays.

I can post logs again if you like, or open to other suggestions? DVBViewer still plays all channels fine.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    but I get the same result as before with the HE-AAC channels.

I think that's what you can expect as per:

Working on it guys.
    TVServer will now recognize the channels correctly and record the LATM AAC audio streams.
    Problem is parsing the audio through TSReader at the moment.

You can play the TVServer .TS recordings through the latest SVN release of VLC so at least thats something.

DMAN

However can you make a recording and play it back with VLC. ( I Was able to make a recording and play it back in graphedit = MPA+CoreAVC )

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    However can you make a recording and play it back with VLC. ( I Was able to make a recording and play it back in graphedit = MPA+CoreAVC )

Yes but not with MediaPortal File Reader as the source filter.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No joy unfortunately. Tried both a rescan, which resulted in updated channels, and also deleted and rescanned from scratch, but I get the same result as before with the HE-AAC channels. For audio I've tried MPA, Cyberlink Audio Decoder, and ffdshowa and DScaler Audio Decoder. The best result I get is with Cyberlink which initially freezes video, but then if I fast forward to the end of the timeshift I get some pops and hisses, and video sort of plays.

I can post logs again if you like, or open to other suggestions? DVBViewer still plays all channels fine.

OK build 17540 uses the LATM guid so non compatible audio decoders won't connect.
    Therefore hopefully you'd have audio again provided you set the AC3 preference.
    If you want audio for the AAC channels you'd need to find Mainconcept AAC decoder v7.6.0.24073 or later.

DMAN

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So although I can select the Cyberlink Audio Decoder in Media Portal client, there's no way I can get it to connect because of the "LATM GUID"?

I can get AC3 audio ok now on the original channels, it's just the HE-AAC channels which won't work, which is what I was hoping SVN 17500+ would allow and is going to be key for the New Zealand DVB-T channels as most of them use that.

I'll try to track down Mainconcept AAC decoder and give that a go.

Thanks

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So although I can select the Cyberlink Audio Decoder in Media Portal client, there's no way I can get it to connect because of the "LATM GUID"?

I can get AC3 audio ok now on the original channels, it's just the HE-AAC channels which won't work, which is what I was hoping SVN 17500+ would allow and is going to be key for the New Zealand DVB-T channels as most of them use that.

I'll try to track down Mainconcept AAC decoder and give that a go.

Thanks

Correct
    LATM AAC is not working yet only with the Mainconcept decoder.
    DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom