HECo - Home Entertainment Control (App) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent vapor

Portal Pro
September 4, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
@youngster18

Configurate your MPExtended with a username and password under section "Authentication".
Look that your Movie Library is available in "Plugins" Section.

Than connect with HECo to the MPExtended Service with your settings (username + password), which you have specified in section "Authentication".

youngster18

Portal Member
February 27, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
I can connection to mp so i could controll media portal from my phone an in mp i can play my films which i stream from my laptop,nur i cant stream this movies to my phone so that i could watch this Movies on my phone. for watching movies in mp i use moving pictures.

silent vapor

Portal Pro
September 4, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
You can only stream movies from your MediaPortal to your phone!
I understand, that you want stream your movie from a laptop (without MP?) to your phone, right?

youngster18

Portal Member
February 27, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
I ve my movies on my laptop and when I want watch one movie in media portal it will stream out of my Network from my laptop in mp on my htpc (same like NAS->htpc) and my question is could i stream this Movie with heco on my phone or is this not possible because i have my movies on my laptop and not on my htpc ?
Best regards

Youngster

silent vapor

Portal Pro
September 4, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Update for HECo - Home Enterteinment Control Version 1.1 now available on AppStore!

What's New in Version 1.1.0
- MPExtended and WifiRemote can be configured independently
- services are not mandatory
- set current/actual server by longpress
- services can use without authentification
- language support for Russian and Swedish
- debug mode for faster fault-finding
- several smaller bugfixes

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/heco-home-entertainment-control/id892522482

silent vapor

Portal Pro
September 4, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
I ve my movies on my laptop and when I want watch one movie in media portal it will stream out of my Network from my laptop in mp on my htpc (same like NAS->htpc) and my question is could i stream this Movie with heco on my phone or is this not possible because i have my movies on my laptop and not on my htpc ?
Best regards

Youngster

You can stream it from your Laptop to your phone with HECo, when you install MPExtended on your laptop!

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I dont understand why he couldnt directly use his laptop as file server for movies. MPExtended dont need to be installed on the laptop. It should be enough that the htpc has MPExt. The movie share should though be using unc paths, in e.g. Moving Pictures. The MPext service should also be running with credentials that are valid on the laptop. Check the wiki for MPExtended regarding these thing.

The above will not work if you have the htpc and laptop of different networks.

silent vapor

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, this will also work.
    But one more disadvantage to this solution is: Both computers (HTPC and laptop) must be online and started! So why the detour over the HTPC ;)

SniperFC

Portal Member
    November 8, 2007
    Hi I have an odd error.
    I can stream Moves through the MyMovie plugin but when I try to stream a TV Show through MP-TVSeries I get an error.

In the log it shows that the file doesn't exist, but it does. I have also checked all the permissions and they are fine. MP is running on the same machine that has the HDD's so there are no network permissions.

I send a log if this is a new error.

Thanks,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom