Help needed for MP 0.2.3.0 Release (1 Viewer)

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi James,

I tried your utility to check the grabber files but I can not make it work. It is probably because of me...:confused:

Perhaps you can write some short notes how to use it?

When I click on the channels I get an error, see attached log-file.

/Peter

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Sorry I was a little rushed for time yesterday. I have fixed this crashing and updated the version on the first post.

1. It will load the grabbers if they are in the same director as the tester program under \WebEPG\grabbers. Or you can put a new location in the box at the box and press scan.

2. Once a full list of grabbers/channels is available select something to test (1 or more channels, 1 or more grabbers, everything).

3. I will run tests getting the number of days listed (the other option in grey don't work yet).

4. Click on the channel after the test will display the log from the test.

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi James,

Here are the results from my tests on the (improved?) grabber for www_dagenstv_com:

- Barnkanalen: you will get errors if the test is run in the evening as this channel only broadcast in the mornings.

- Kunskapskanalen: the same, but opposite, as for Barnkanalen. These two channels share the same frequency and are typically merged, as I have done in the webEPG.xml file I've attached.

- EurosportNews: doesn't exist on this website anymore. I've removed it from the grabber.

- Expressen: seems to be renamed to "SportExpressen" and got a new channelID. I've updated the grabber.

- HD@svt: this is the channel I mentioned in an earlier post (in another thread). They do not broadcast every day and consequently you get grabber errors for the days when there is nothing to grab.

- Jetix: only broadcast in the mornings for some days, hence a grabber error if you run the test in the evening (local time).

- Nickelodeon: see Jetix above

- Playhouse@disney: see Jetix above

- Vivaplus: see EurosportNews above

And for the new channels I've added (see below):

- AxessTV, see Jetix above

- HDsport@canalplus, see Jetix above

- hd@tv4, see Jetix above

- MotorsTV, see Jetix above

I've added some new channels to the grabber:

- HD@tv4.se, id 292
    - HDSport@canalplus, id 271
    - Kanallokal Skåne, id 244
    - Axess.tv, id 247
    - Motors.tv, id 248
    - NASN.tv, id 267
    - Golf@viasat.se, id 266
    - SailingChannel.tv, id 269
    - aljazeera.tv, id 262
    - HD@discovery.com, id 263
    - mix@discovery.com, id 89
    - hd@voom.tv, id 265
    - e.tv, id 225
    - di.tv, id 231
    - hustler.tv, id 175
    - zoneClub.tv, id 270
    - fmen.tv, id 259
    - bloomberg.tv, id 260

I've also done the following changes:

- Onetelevision removed,the id is now used for Kanal9.se, which I've added
    - Fixed the name of Kanallokal Östergötland (previous typo)

I've attached the updated grabber file and the webEPG.xml file I use to merge some channels.

/Peter

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

I have attached the last updated grabber for the GB folder.

This is the UK grabber with the most channels. It appeared that the HTML was no longer parsed correctly (the description field was not being identified and was added to the data in the category tag) so I played around with the grabber and I think I have fixed it. It has taken a few days to do this and then check and amend the channels.

I have attached a text file detailing changes.

A few of the channels (Celtic TV, Chelsea TV and Rangers TV) reported errors even though the channel ID was correct and there was data present on the page. I have left them in the grabber at present.

Several other channels such as Ary Digital and the Star TV channels said they were OK the first time I tested them, then ½ later on a new test produced an error. I have also left these in.

The changes from this, the Radio Times and the Bleb grabber will need to be added to channels.xml. I might look at this for these 3 grabbers after they have been checked and added to the SVN.

Mew

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Thanks for all your help :) I've put these new files into the SVN and updated the first post.

I have uploaded a new version of the Tester and added a version number feature into each grabber file. Currently I'm using a system <grabber file version>.<major>.<minor>. Grabber file version is for major changes to the file structure currently = 2, Major is for changes to URL and Template, Minor is for changes to the channels.

Would anyone like to start looking at the grabber files from other countries? because we don't seem to have any others willing to help :(

Mew would you be able to upload a fixed channels.xml file?

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi James

I have started to check the channel Ids for the GB grabbers using the updates I did. I am looking to get time to work on the channels.xml file next week.

I have noticed some discrepancies between grabbers in the way I named new channels (such as using upper case) so I may need to make point adjustments to one or more of the grabbers and I will re-upload these when the GB channels.xml changes are all done.

Mew

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi James,
    I really appreciate your efforts, but I can't get your test program to work. I unpacked WebEPG-Tester-v2.zip to C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG\Grabbers. If I run the unpacked WebEPG-Tester.exe, it shows a single node, "All sites / All Channels" in the left-hand panel.
    If I check it, and click "Scan" (bottom left) or "Run" (upper right), nothing happens.
    Entering a directory path (relative or absolute) to one of the subdirectories containing the actual grabber files into the field by the "Scan" button and then clicking "Scan" also produces no perceptible action. How is the test program suppposed to work?

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi James,
    I really appreciate your efforts, but I can't get your test program to work. I unpacked WebEPG-Tester-v2.zip to C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG\Grabbers. If I run the unpacked WebEPG-Tester.exe, it shows a single node, "All sites / All Channels" in the left-hand panel.
    If I check it, and click "Scan" (bottom left) or "Run" (upper right), nothing happens.
    Entering a directory path (relative or absolute) to one of the subdirectories containing the actual grabber files into the field by the "Scan" button and then clicking "Scan" also produces no perceptible action. How is the test program suppposed to work?

Put the directory in without the "Grabbers" part:

C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG

Generally it was designed to run like WebEPG from the MP root directory. However, this might make a bit of mess with the dlls.

/James

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Put the directory in without the "Grabbers" part:

C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG

Generally it was designed to run like WebEPG from the MP root directory. However, this might make a bit of mess with the dlls.

/James

Tried it with the truncated path you suggested and got it working.
    I have WebEPG-Tester in C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG\Grabbers
    Should I have it somewhere else instead?
    If so, where?
    C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG\
    or
    C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\
    Also, I switched to IE to write this message while WebEPG-Tester was running, now I can't get WebEPG-Tester to repaint its window, so I can't tell what it's doing. WebEPG-Tester.log is still empty after 15 minutes of run time. How long should WebEPG-Tester take to check four countries (CH, DE, ES, IT)? How can I get the GUI back (short of killing and restarting it)?

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi James

As promised, here is the channels.xml file updated for the GB grabbers. I have tried to reuse those entries for redundant GB channels by replacing them with new channels. I have also added all the new channels and adjusted the totals.

There are updated versions of all the grabbers as well as they all needed slight tweaks. Also since I amended the grabbers about a week or two ago Discovery Plus 1.5 has been added to two of the three sites so this is included in the grabber files.

When I have tested the grabbers using the test program they are all OK but I am not sure that they are doing a full grab each time (as it runs a lot slower the very first time the test program is run).

Mew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom