Help needed for MP 0.2.3.0 Release (2 Viewers)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    James,
    Have some log results in the GUI now, if I only test one grabber at a time. However, C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG\log\WebEPG-Tester.log remains empty.

P.S.
    It looks like you have a memory leak in WebEPG-Tester. Even if I restrict myself to one grabber, I get the attached exception message as soon as I try to retest.
    What I did was to click the "Scan" button, to reset the status indicators, and then reselect (only!) one grabber and click "Run tests". The first time I did this. most of the test ran before the exception occurred. The seciônd time I tried it, the exception occurred immediately, and I had to quit and restart the program.
    Also attached is a corrected grabber for www.fernsehen.ch, which now seems to work OK. The only problems are:
    1. WebEPG-Tester gives a warning "Unknown Version" for every channel
    2. My attempts to extract DESCRIPTION are unsuccessful, presumably because the <Z> tag regexp support doesn't include "*" (the Wiki page specifically mentions that support is limited to "?"). http://www.fernsehen.ch/ gives a variable number of icons for things like B/W, Stereo, etc. between the title and the description. What other way is there to handle this? Is support of "*" in regexp planned?
    3. WebEPG-Tester chokes on parsing TVE (now at the end of the grabber's channel list for this reason.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Mew, thanks for all the great help. I'ver added these updates to the SVN.

rsbrux, I added a version number system for the grabber files. To track the changes. If you see the first post, I updated the fernsehen grabber include a code change to get it correctly working. Have you tried this?

@All, more help is required checking the grabbers still missing and checking the channels on the grabbers I have listed above with channel errors?

PS. New Tester program available.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi James,
    Thanks for correcting the fernsehen.ch grabber. Unfortunately, I haven't found your updated version, either in your first post or on the Wiki. Where can i find it?

Kralizec

Portal Member
    April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi James

I have tested IT grabbers ( alice_it ( already tested by you ) , wfactory_net, www_adnkronos_com) with the test program

All are ok , alice.it report sometimes a problems with the sublink where it read the description of the program ( error if the description is missing in the web page ) but I suppose it not importants

log are available at request

Ciao
    Kralizec

MikeL

Portal Member
    August 23, 2005
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    4-www-abc_net_au.xml (working after template change)

Hi James,

Is there any way to access a copy of "4-www_abc_net_au.xml (working after template change)" that you mentioned other than via the SVN, or in the next stable release?

Thanks,

MikeL

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi James,

I have tested the GR grabber (www.in.gr). The problem you are seeing (Parsing error #START) is because the schedule's table header has the same format as the data rows the only difference is in the attributes of the <tr> tag (specifically the class attribute). I tried to fix this but couldn't find a way to skip the head row.
    Anyway, other than that it works correclty but is missing some channels (that are available at that site). I have made a new version of the grabber that includes those missing channels and also gets the details for each programme (which the original grabber didn't). I have attached the new version (new_www_in_gr.xml) if you want to use it instead.

Because www.in.gr sometimes has no data and when it does usually it only has 3 days ahead, I am in the process of building separate grabbers that get the schedules directly from the broadcasters' sites which have at least 7 days.
    Right now I have finished only one: www_ert_gr which includes 6 channels. I have attached that one too.
    I'm having problems with the rest. I'll post again when I have something working.

Cheers,
    arion_p

pierreye

Portal Member
    November 26, 2006
    Grabber for MY

Recently found out that the link for Astro had change so I edited the XML files for Astro and it work. Didn't include all the channel (so is the old version), only TV1, TV2, TV3, NTV7 and 8TV. TV9 is working fine on the separate XML.

Tested and work fine.

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi James

I have updated the GB Radio Times grabber (and channels.xml) as there have been changes since the last update. They are:

Added
    Thomas Cook TV
    Zee Cinema
    Zee Music
    CITV
    Nat Geo Wild
    Channel 4+1
    Virgin 1

Deleted
    ABC1

I hope this helps

Mew