[HELP US] Getting those DVB EPG issues fixed (1 Viewer)

dalmer

Portal Pro
October 9, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
EMKO,

This is off topic so I won't go into details, but there is a program to renumber channels by sid. Search the forums for it. One of these days I'll get around to putting together a NA Faq. Should be useful.

Nietschy,

I'm not a dev, so I can't say what will or won't go into the program. What I meant was that currently, the dev's don't want to add new features to TvServer so they can get it stable and release that version. Still, they have added some things here and there, but what your talking about is a major step. On the other hand, if you put it toghether for yourself, then upload it to the patch queue, others could make use of it, and the devs may add it after a stable build is released. Or maybe even sooner, who knows?

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    gemx:

Somehow the deletion of the additional epg entries still does not work. I unfortunately I didn't found the time to analyse it more deeply yet.

I have seen the following:

At "ProSieben" the show "Simpsons" seems to change there start- and endtimes a few times. This leads to 3 or 4 entries for one show. All these shows were not removed and messing up the tv guide.

CU
    Lars

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi gemx.

It's me again :D

One thing came to my mind ... There is one "type" of epg entries that we don't delete right now.
    If an old entry has a start time that is < as the new one and an endtime that is > as the new one.

i.e.
    Old show: 20:14 ---> 22:20
    New show: 22:15 ---> 22:15

I guess we have to expand our SQL query with an "Or" section...

But I'm not really sure if this is the source of the problem I mentioned above...
    If not I might be good to add some more log entries to see which entries are retrieved and which should be removed ... and so one.

CU
    Lars

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi gemx.

Before you invest to much time with the fixing of this issues... I have spend some time so give it a try my self. Looks pretty good so far. I will do some more tests and if they succeed as well, I will commit my changes (most likely tomorrow).

CU
    Lars

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again.

I just committed my changes. They did a good job on my productive system.
    One thing that I noticed yesterday even with these changes... Is the following:

I modified the title of a show that was currently running directly in the database (simply appended the word "test").
    The timeshift epg grabber did not update this title... Hopefully this was just bad luck...
    I will try to find a bit time this evening to test it again.

If it is no bad luck, than most likely the "AddProgramAndApplyTemplates" method does not update an existing entry...

We'll see.

Bye
    Lars

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Am I talking to my self here? :D

I just committed a additional change. The "AddProgramAndApplyTemplates" did not update the start- and endtimes. Because of this there where sometimes "holes" in the guide.

Cu
    Lars

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cool, thanks.
    Sorry, but i am on a business trip again and can only visit the forum from time to time :oops:

cybernn

Portal Member
    March 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I can confirm that as soon as its starts grabbing EPG again, the program data is empty. It seems its deleting all the entries before fetching new ones.

Also, can somebody tell me if the following logs are OK>

2007-12-21 10:55:28.312500 [EPG Update thread]: EPG: no channel found for networkid:0x101 transportid:0x65 serviceid:0x104

Not sure what it means to be "EPG: no channel found for networkid:0x101 transportid:0x65 serviceid:0x1F41
    " or something similar

I had a same situation with Russian provider Tricolor.
    In EPG it is transferred epg data for the following channel:
    2008-03-16 [EPG Update thread]: TimeshiftingEpgGrabber: no channel found for networkid:0x70 transportid:0xC1E serviceid:0x7940

In table MySQL tuningdetails the channel has following adjustments:
    2008-03-16 19:03:00.515625 [7]: Controller: channel #1 DVBS:tv:TricolorTV Домашний Freq:12303000 ONID:112 TSID:310 SID:31040 PMT:5DF FTA:True LCN:2882 SymbolRate:27500 Modulation:ModNotSet Polarisation:CircularL InnerFecRate:Rate3_4 DisEqc:Level1BB band:Circular Pilot:NotSet RollOff:NotSet

That is parameters of the channel in HEX:
    NID 0x70, TID 0x136, SID 0xC20

and in EPG it is transferred in HEX:
    NID 0x70, TID 0xC1E, SID 0x7940

At viewing a stream by the program streamanalyzer, it has been established, that the valid parameters of a channel in HEX:
    NID 0x70, TID 0xC1E, SID 0x7940

That is, at scanning channels, probably, parameter TID undertakes from parameters transponder, and at a situation when TID transponder does not coincide with parameter TID of the channel, EPG certainly does not work.
    At manual change of parameter TID, tables MySQL tuningdetails, on parameters specified in EPG, the situation has come to norm, and EPG has earned. The channel also works normally.

I apologize for my bad English. :(

natopotato

Portal Member
    August 24, 2008
    Help,,,, PLEASE :(

Here is a snip from my log file.

2008-09-03 18:24:29.956165 [EPG Update thread]: IdleEpgGrabber: no channel found for networkid:0x1006 transportid:0xD1 serviceid:0xC2
    2008-09-03 18:24:29.956165 [EPG Update thread]: -> 9/3/2008 5:00:00 PM-9/3/2008 5:30:00 PM Emeril Green

I am getting thousands of the above highlighted item in my log file. Only about 5% of my Dish Channels populate EPG info, in my channel list it is ONLY THE CHANNELS THAT HAVE THE "PROVIDER" FIELD FILLED IN!

PLEASE HELP

I have spent weeks getting Tvserver working correctly and i cannot get past this hump..... PLEASE HELP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom