Help us improving the tv /radio configuration (1 Viewer)

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Online Editor is a nice feature.:)
    But why not implementing the channellists that have been created and send at e.beckers@gmail.com, until you've got a decision?

BTW the channellist I've posted for Wolfsburg, Germany was included in RC1 but in RC2 it doesn't exist anymore? Why? I never got any information to this.

I though that channellists that have been send still will be brought into CVS?

What's the reason for this?
    Is e.beckers@gmail.com still in use?

Regards
    Ralph

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ralph said:
    Online Editor is a nice feature.:)
    But why not implementing the channellists that have been created and send at e.beckers@gmail.com, until you've got a decision?

BTW the channellist I've posted for Wolfsburg, Germany was included in RC1 but in RC2 it doesn't exist anymore? Why? I never got any informaion to this.

I though that channellists that have been send still will be brought into CVS?

What's the reason for this?
    Is e.beckers@gmail.com still in use?

Regards
    Ralph

The man behind the mail address is a very busy guy - I don't know what happened, sorry!

Let's instead look ahead - and wait for the editor! Ok?

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Hey,

In New Zealand, we don't really use cable much and the most commonly used thing is free-to-air and, for people with alot of money, Sky Sattelite TV.

All the channels on the normal free-to-air have different websites, so can I just give the XML for each channel from each website? Eg. tvnz.co.nz has channel one and two's programs, www.tv3.co.nz has channel threes etc

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I got the entire USA frequency list

http://rochess.net/mediaportal/MediaPortal - US Frequencies.xml

So USA MediaPortal users could sign up at labs.zap2it.com, select the channels they watch for their TVGuide info, and then MediaPortal can match the channel number to this list I made.

It already works like that in MediaPortal, except only for channels 1-14, not for the higher range, and this list covers *every* Analog channels available in the USA.

Hope it helps

Bavarian

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2005
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

I have created a small program for the XML file creation. You can download it from the MP Download. It is called TVSetUp2XML.

Have fun with it. :)

Bavarian

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    @ Bavarian: That is a great idea.

But the explanation is a bit too short for me.

I get an unhandled exception that a file or assembly is missing.

EDIT: It is a tool that autocreates the .xml file that Frodo asked for. A fully configured TV/Radio section is needed. Place the file in ./.../mediaportal directory.

Questions:

Country: Do you expect me to enter "Germany" or "Deutschland"
    City: can I enter also a rather small city or should I choose a bigger city nearby.
    Provider: How am I sure that I give the right spelling

And the basic question: Does this program download the frequencies somewhere or is it a tool that helps to make the .xml file that frodo asked for, so that you need a fully configured TV/Radio section?

And if it is the latter, where should the file be placed, in the mediaportal directory?
    -> Going to try this now.

tomtom[/b]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom