Help with autoscan (1 Viewer)

Trypa

Portal Member
February 21, 2009
Hello guys.. i have a problem here.

When I add a new movie to my movie folder, the plugin dont autoimport it. The only way to import it is using the pluging config.

There is some way to fix it?

thanks!

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
yes there is, but you will have to provide your debug logfiles. Assuming there _is_ something wrong.
Furthermore, does the config autoapprove? If so, this will also happen from within the GUI (frontend in MediaPortal) and you should see the movie added as by magic. This may take a little time though.

Autoapproving a movie will add it to the database. You don't need the configuration for that. However, when it cannot autoapprove, you will have to provide the correct information. This is planned for later to do from the GUI as well though.

Trypa

Portal Member
February 21, 2009
yes there is, but you will have to provide your debug logfiles. Assuming there _is_ something wrong.
Furthermore, does the config autoapprove? If so, this will also happen from within the GUI (frontend in MediaPortal) and you should see the movie added as by magic. This may take a little time though.

Autoapproving a movie will add it to the database. You don't need the configuration for that. However, when it cannot autoapprove, you will have to provide the correct information. This is planned for later to do from the GUI as well though.

where can i find the log?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

where can i find the log?

Hi,if u are using win Vista u can find the "movingpictures.log" here: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log (for XP should be: C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log) ...btw ,use MediaPortal in debug mode when u want to provide logs to devs. ;)

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hello nearly the same problem. First I set my Folders and every moving get's imported. but now when I add a new movie into the directory nothing happens. this is in the gui and also in the importer. even if i press "restart importer" it doesn't find the new movies.

could this be the problem:
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:22 Info [ MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Media Scanner Threads...
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:22 Info [ MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Path Scanner Thread...
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:22 Info [ MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Artwork Updater Thread...
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:23 Info [ MovieImporter]: Stopped MovieImporter
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:23 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started MovieImporter
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:23 Info [ MovieImporter]: Initiating full scan on watch folders.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:23 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started watching 'E:\Videos\Filme\HD Filme' (Fixed) - Path is now being monitored for changes.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:23 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started watching 'F:\Videos\HD Filme' (Fixed) - Path is now being monitored for changes.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:23 Info [ DBImportPath]: Scanning of removable import path 'M:\' was skipped because it is not available.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:23 Info [ DBImportPath]: Scanning of removable import path 'N:\' was skipped because it is not available.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:32 Info [ MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Media Scanner Threads...
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:32 Info [ MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Path Scanner Thread...
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:32 Info [ MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Artwork Updater Thread...
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:33 Info [ MovieImporter]: Stopped MovieImporter
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:33 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started MovieImporter
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:33 Info [ MovieImporter]: Initiating full scan on watch folders.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:33 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started watching 'E:\Videos\Filme\HD Filme' (Fixed) - Path is now being monitored for changes.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:33 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started watching 'F:\Videos\HD Filme' (Fixed) - Path is now being monitored for changes.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:33 Info [ DBImportPath]: Scanning of removable import path 'M:\' was skipped because it is not available.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:33 Info [ DBImportPath]: Scanning of removable import path 'N:\' was skipped because it is not available.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:37 Info [ MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Media Scanner Threads...
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:37 Info [ MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Path Scanner Thread...
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:37 Info [ MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Artwork Updater Thread...
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:39 Info [ MovieImporter]: Stopped MovieImporter
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:39 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started MovieImporter
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:39 Info [ MovieImporter]: Initiating full scan on watch folders.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:39 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started watching 'E:\Videos\Filme\HD Filme' (Fixed) - Path is now being monitored for changes.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:39 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started watching 'F:\Videos\HD Filme' (Fixed) - Path is now being monitored for changes.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:40 Info [ DBImportPath]: Scanning of removable import path 'M:\' was skipped because it is not available.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:40 Info [ DBImportPath]: Scanning of removable import path 'N:\' was skipped because it is not available.
    11-Mar-2009 20:38:53 Error [ WebGrabber]: Connection failed: Reached retry limit of 5. URL=http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/search/web?v=1.0&q=Cesta%20do%20stredu%20zeme+Poster+site:IMP Awards - All the Latest Movie Posters System.Net.WebException: Timeout für Vorgang überschritten
    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    bei Cornerstone.Tools.WebGrabber.GetResponse()

Users who are viewing this thread