Help With mptray plugin (1 Viewer)

kimgitz

Portal Member
September 8, 2005
Liverpool,UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
My problem is getting it to strat when i start windows. I know I have to code something but dont know how to do so.

where and how do I code the mptray /register:all where exactly is the command prompt?

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Assuming you've got MP installed in the default directory and you've placed both mphook.dll & mptray.exe into that directory, just follow these steps:

1. Click on on the Windows "Start" button and choose "Run..."
    2. Next, type in: "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\mptray.exe /register:all" (without the quotes)

That's it. You only need to do this once. When you have done so, reboot your computer and press CTRL-ALT-Del, (should start the "Task Manager") and click on the "Processes" tab to verify if mptray.exe is running. If not, you've done something wrong.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    kimgitz

I also use a nice little program called winpatrol, which not only protects my pc from certain nasties, but also easily let's me add\remove\disable services. Also let's you know All program's\services identities

Can be found here http://www.winpatrol.com/

so to add a service, open winpatrol icon by doubleclick, go to startup progs tab, add in window that opens browse for the program you want to run at startup, hit ok and that's it.

Have used this for the last 4-5 years and have found it invaluable for letting me know what is trying to alter my registry.
    ps i do have the full version, but not necessary for general use.

8)

kimgitz

Portal Member
    September 8, 2005
    Liverpool,UK
    Home Country
    I had tried the first example so I tried a gain. when i type in with the quotes iget this error.

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\mptray.exe /register:\ is not accessible
    The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

When i type without the quotes i get the error below.

Windows cannot find 'C:\program'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again. To searck for a file, click the Start button, and then click search.

I tried the program as well not sure how to get it working. Also now my remote wont work. I used to be able to control windows media player and other players including media portal now it wont work. I t happened when i unplugged the usb cable. now it wont work no matter what I do.

Thanks for your help.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    kimgitz

Cut and paste in the run screen so you get exactly the correct path and instruction.

Reboot pc with the remote receiver unplugged.
    Then plug back in to it's original usb port, and it should then register.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Sorry for not giving the syntax correctly. Use the following for cut&paste:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\mptray.exe" /register:all
    (no need to unplug the USB receiver)

Kind regards,
    Michel

kimgitz

Portal Member
    September 8, 2005
    Liverpool,UK
    Home Country
    Thanks a lot.

I however have a problem with the remote or receiver not working.
    I had 2 receivers plugged. My HTPC is set so that i can use it in 2 rooms. I have a 15 m usb cagble with repeaters to one room and then the other receiver plugged straight to the PC.

Now both were working with other applications. play ,pause etc. But only the one plugged to the PC without extensions will allow me to start MediaPortal with the green button.

So I unplugged it to see if the other would work (the extension) and it worked. I then plugged the other back in. tocheck if both would work and ...... :?: i decided to unplug the one with the extension..it still wont work. now both of them wouldn't work with any thing. i rebooted the PC and now all i can do is start media portal with the receiver closest to the PC.

Both receivers are recognised in the devices section!

Again I cant stress how greateful I am for your help :D

Users who are viewing this thread