Help with setting up Set Top Box and TvEngine3 (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    This is great news and a leap in the right direction; making TVE v3 default for MP - for verybody.

You guys rock!!!

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    When the TVserver has support for STBs, will there be options when defining a channel to set both the STB channel and the Tuner card channel. The STB channel will (somehow) be relayed via an appropriate blaster or control plugin.

TvServer already works with STBs. You can define the channel number and the plug-ins can change the channel for you.

I was thinking about your suggestion, and I think it might be a way of doing it. When configuring your channels, define the channel number, supply frequency of the channel you want to be tuned (3 or 4), and define source as Tuner.

Just don't know what the frequency is. You might get it doing a TV Scan with your STB turned on.

AFAIK, the TvServer will send the message the ServerBlaster use to tune independently if it's setup as Tuner or VideoInput. So it might worth giving it a try.

Julio

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    To all,

I've made some changes to the ServerBlaster plug-in. It should be easier to setup and Vista compatible since it doesn't need to use the Program Files directory anymore. Please review the post with the code in page1 for the new code and instructions.

Since I don't have more than one tunner in the development machine I can't really test the multiple tuner functions. If anyone has a multi-tuner machine available, feedbacks are appreciated.

Sorry, no changes in the learning process ATM.

Julio

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ported MCE Replacement plugin

hey,

I've finished converting the external channel changing aspect of my MCE Replacement Plugin over to the TV3 Server. I can't test it properly myself unfortunately because my Fusion HDTV cards are being wacky. I'll try a few things to sort it out myself, but in the meantime, if anyone wants to test my work I've attached it to this post. Instructions on how to use it are included in a "readme.txt" inside the zip.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    That's what I was talking about !!! ;)

Can't really test it now, but looks damn good !! Nice job.

Julio

sbp

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Auning
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Julio

Please have a look at this thread. This is how I use the PVR-150 and the blaster which is put right into the TV-card.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=10682

And here is how I change the TVdatabase in order to be able to let my TV-card continue to be locked on the channel which comes from my set-top box (channel 38), but at the same time allows Mediaportal to change the channels on the Set-top box, whithout changing the channel on the TV-card.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=9925
    Look at this screencapture:
    http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5526/databasezb1.png

I hope that you can make it work with the new TVengine as well.
    Steen

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Has anyone tried my "Ported MCE Replacement plugin" for the TV Server?

I need to know if it works, as I can't actually test it properly myself.

If it works then I have a new version to upload to the main download site.

Thanks,

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Aaron,

I'am traveling right now. Will be able to test it in a couple of days. Will have something for you by friday.

Julio

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you Julio.

Instead of testing the first one I attached above, try this one ... It's newer and better (hopefully!). If it works I will post it on the main download page.

EDIT: It didn't :) So there's a new version a few posts ahead ...

Thank you for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom