home automation with media portal (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    There is an X10 plugin if you want to search for that.

It hasn't been updated for a while, but I think people are working on it and will release a newer version when they are ready. The current version will control any X10 devices via the serial computer connection kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, have a good vacation in Egypt :) Me might have to tell @high to turn off the automated flag for privacy reasons. Also everybody could see I was in netherlands. I think the flag should be related to the country entered and shown ;)
    Ok, have a good vacation in Egypt :) Me might have to tell @high to turn off the automated flag for privacy reasons. Also everybody...
    Hi, Everyone in MP land. A few days ago, I was quietly thinking how reliable my MP2 HTPC has been over the last 18months. Well you...
    Replies
    Views
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] TV sound but no picture DE
    It should also work with the LAV codec. There was a discussion about it here. The cyberlink app should not open, if you start a DVD playback in MP2. Perhaps you mean the cyberlink app starts, if you enter a DVD into the slot. To avoid this you'll have to deactivate autoplay in the windows settings. Open Windows Settings Select...
    It should also work with the LAV codec. There was a discussion about it here. The cyberlink app should not open, if you start a DVD...
    Hello, I have installed the latest Media Portal 2 version on a clean new Windows 10 installation. Now I only get sound for some TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom