barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1. Rename
    What I mean is that you make the changes yourself and commit a patch.

3.theTVDB
    Have you asked? If so do you have the url? (interesting to see reason/ comment about it!) Both for naming the season and this Chris Ryan...

andimoor

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Rename
    Ok, you mean: I should do the changes by myself manually and the I should write here what I do (sorry, my English is not so good, that I understand everything perfect)
    The thing, that I don't understand is: Why can I edit Series names and Episode names, but not the Season names

1. + 2.
    Ok, I will try it

Yes, I requested it in the forum. I explain it, send the Screenshots.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18796&p=67772&hilit=strike+back#p67772

I think I understand it correct ...

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1. Rename
    What I mean is that you do the changes in you're skin (make it work, as you what), then send it/ post it in the skin forum.
    Because if it get committed, every update don't break you're changes :)

3. TheTVDB
    Okay I see... as I understand when Sky Network send the series. It had one order.
    Then when it came on DVD or was shown in Germany the order of the episodes was different from the original order by Sky Network.
    Have I understand the problem?

andimoor

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is too difficult for me, to change anything. I don't understand the Source-Code enough.
    I hope the Programmer(s) of TV-Series and/or the Skin (StreamedMP in my case) implement the Rename- and Sort-Feature some day.

The order is the same, but in Germany is "Chris Ryan's Strike Back" a Serie with one Season. And "Strike Back" is an extra Serie (Sequel) with three or four Seasons - Chris Ryan dies in "Chris Ryan's Strike Back".

Last edited:

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    All seems like a lot of work. Couldn't you use My Films instead, and treat each season as a box set? I know that will take you out of the tv series context, but at least you can name the box set how you like without having to hack a skin. Just a thought anyway.

andimoor

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks to all, but I hope my TVSeries will implement the features. I think, I'm not the only user, who find it good.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This thread started with renaming the Seasons. That could be one thing that's okay to implement.
    But then you have to add the season name you're self in the DB. Since the TVDB don't have that today (don't forget to change in the Layout view in TV-Series Configuration to).

The next problem with the Chris Ryan thing - I think is a very specific change request, where is need to implement for just this series, not every series in the world. And I don't think that is the way to go for TV-Series, sorry :unsure:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In the next version there will be support for custom season names in the GUI. You can edit the title of each season from the configuration. Similarly you will also be able to set a custom season summary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom