How to access Scheduled Recordings without going through TV Home screen (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    Is it possible to access scheduled recordings without using the TV home screen? I've searched quite a bit and couldn't find a way. I like my TV set up so that it turns on TV immediately when I enter TV Home but sometimes I only want to view the schedule and not turn on the TV so I'l like to set up a different way of accessing the schedule menu.
    Thanks,

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Is it possible to access scheduled recordings without using the TV home screen?
    You should be able to do this using your remote control if you customise the actions of the buttons. The actions that you allocate to each button on the remote is your choice, but I have the following allocations:

Red -- display "Recorded TV" (with a second press displaying "Recorded Radio").
    Yellow -- display "Videos".
    Blue -- display "Recording Schedule"

I have these defined to operate everywhere within MP (so they cannot be used for any other purpose). You customise the remote in "MP Config", using "Remote and Input Devices" (left side menu); click the tab for your remote ("HID" if you are using an MCE RC6 remote), and then click "Mapping".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    Thanks! I don't know why I didn't thnk of this. I use CEC remote but I think it should be possible. I'll give it a try after work today.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    S [solved] access the desktop without leaving mediaportal General Support 5
    R Problems accessing MySQL database remotely MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    L [solved] Why does Mediaportal 2 need access to my webcam? General 2
    Ralph Holmes Problem accessing radio channels General 4
    O Can't access the Wiki Online Facilities 5
    R MediaPortal 1 or 2 - Web Access Newcomers Forum 4
    D Limit HDD access when viewing TV? General 1
    BlueMax1916 [Evaluate] Windows 10 Apps for Sky, Netflix, Amazon etc. to be accessible via MP2 Plugin Feature Requests 3
    HTPCSourcer [solved] Which access rights for TV Recording share? MediaPortal 2 4
    L No access to videos on network drive windows 10 April update watch/edit Videos 0
    M [solved] I can no longer access Jira General 6
    tomfrogger 503 errors on thetvdb.com api access My TVSeries 4
    V [solved] Startup Crash if Video Folders not online/accessible. (default videos plugin) General Support 10
    breese Forum Ad blocking screen and will not allow access to upper Post New Thread Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 4
    O Kodi Client tries to access wrong timeshift file Installation, configuration support 0
    P Scheduling conflicts General 2
    D Does Schedules Direct work with mp 1.24? General Support 3
    D Trying to get mp 1.24 to recognise Schedules Direct. General Support 4
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    G Q about scheduling weekly series when epg lists duplicate back to back episodes each week General Support 2
    T TV Recording Schedule General 2
    J Understanding what EPG shows about schedules General 8
    D Please help with getting Schedules Direct to work Newcomers Forum 10
    D How to switch versions of Schedules Direct Newcomers Forum 2
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6