How to access Scheduled Recordings without going through TV Home screen (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is it possible to access scheduled recordings without using the TV home screen? I've searched quite a bit and couldn't find a way. I like my TV set up so that it turns on TV immediately when I enter TV Home but sometimes I only want to view the schedule and not turn on the TV so I'l like to set up a different way of accessing the schedule menu.
    Thanks,

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible to access scheduled recordings without using the TV home screen?
    You should be able to do this using your remote control if you customise the actions of the buttons. The actions that you allocate to each button on the remote is your choice, but I have the following allocations:

Red -- display "Recorded TV" (with a second press displaying "Recorded Radio").
    Yellow -- display "Videos".
    Blue -- display "Recording Schedule"

I have these defined to operate everywhere within MP (so they cannot be used for any other purpose). You customise the remote in "MP Config", using "Remote and Input Devices" (left side menu); click the tab for your remote ("HID" if you are using an MCE RC6 remote), and then click "Mapping".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks! I don't know why I didn't thnk of this. I use CEC remote but I think it should be possible. I'll give it a try after work today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom