How to Change watched/unwatched colors (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Actually i dont like the coloured/dimmed text in the lists myself. Imho opinion all text should be the same color. In Avalon we had this as user setting.
    And i agree that only one icon would be enough. I would recommend only a icon for unwatched. That seems only logical.
    I will contact Nico to tackle this issue.

I'm not a fan of unwatched icons because so far I haven't seen an icon i like for unwatched. There is an eye with a cross through it or a red eye, and I don't feel either of these icons strongly convey the meaning of unwatched to me. However I feel that having an eye next to watched episodes does convey the meaning quite well.

With regards to having coloured / dimmed text I don't have a strong feeling either way, however I do like that you swapped the watched/unwatched colours from the original titan version. I felt that the original version had the colours the wrong way round. If I think about it more, I think you are right that having all the text the same colour would be best, however I would put icons on the watched episodes rather than the unwatched episodes :)

PS. Once again great work on the titan skin, I think it has really elevated MP to a new level of awesomeness and It makes a lot of people think WOW, I want to switch to MediaPortal.

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Actually i dont like the coloured/dimmed text in the lists myself. Imho opinion all text should be the same color. In Avalon we had this as user setting.
    And i agree that only one icon would be enough. I would recommend only a icon for unwatched. That seems only logical.
    I will contact Nico to tackle this issue.

For me, it is better to leave the icon for watched, and remove for unwatched.

It was not bad to add the same icon in the standard video plugin, and then in the mode icons, not clear what looked and what not.

J

joostzilla

I think most people have more movies they've watched opposed to unwatched. It seems only logical to 'flag' the unwatched.
    Also when scrolling its more easy to see an icon in the list than looking for an open spot between the watched icons.
    I just agreed with Nico we will make the text coloring optional and user configurable.

Concerning the 'Unwatched' icon: I agree with Kiwijunglist. Its almost impossible to design a great Unwatched icon. Most great icons are archetypical ones. Unfortunately there is no archetypical image for Unwatched. So the best i can offer is an icon we as MP users accept as representing unwatched. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In the more logical look viewed with an icon and viewed with no icon. In other modes, now do not understand that view and what not. Previously, under the thumbnails visible names of movies and they differ in color, now no names and no icons on the thumbnails are not. Need to add a title or movies in different colors or icon.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think most people have more movies they've watched opposed to unwatched.

You areright, however I have more unwatched movies :cool:

Concerning the 'Unwatched' icon: I agree with Kiwijunglist. Its almost impossible to design a great Unwatched icon. Most great icons are archetypical ones. Unfortunately there is no archetypical image for Unwatched. So the best i can offer is an icon we as MP users accept as representing unwatched. :)

Is it too dirty to keep the watched icon image in the xml, but just remove the image from the media directory, so users like me could add the watched icon image file and delete the unwatched icon image file, giving us the view we desire.

or you could have the following under skin settings

[X] Display watched media icon
    [X] Display unwatched media icon

So users can have both, one, or the other, or none.

Last edited:

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I use the different colours of the text a lot, especially in list view. You can scan down the page and see which you've watched at a quick glance. If you only rely on the icon you will not be able to do this as the icon only appears when you have that movie highlighted. So please do not remove the different text colour option.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I think most people have more movies they've watched opposed to unwatched.

You areright, however I have more unwatched movies :cool:

Is it too dirty to keep the watched icon image in the xml, but just remove the image from the media directory, so users like me could add the watched icon image file and delete the unwatched icon image file, giving us the view we desire.

or you could have the following under skin settings

[X] Display watched media icon
    [X] Display unwatched media icon

So users can have both, one, or the other, or none.

It would be ideal!

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How about a text label across the corner of the cover similar to the attached example.
    1) No strap or text for unwatched
    2) strap and text saying "watched" for watched movies
    3) strap and text saying "new" for recently added movies

This might also give some versatility for other labels if users want any?

Just a thought.

Cheers,
    Colin

Attachments

• mmaao1.png
      mmaao1.png
      369.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom