How to disable the Standard Home screen (1 Viewer)

hnicolas972

May 7, 2009
Home Country
I got same problem.
One solution is to delete H key default switch home assignment into mediaportal configuration (advanced mode), then install and use 'Keyboard Input Plugin' to mapp H key to window 'Second Home'. You will be able to use H shortcut to return to StreamedMP homescreen.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The 2 homescreens are a "pain in the ass" if it is about wife-acceptance-factor. If someone wants to watch TV on my system I cannot explain why thare are two screens... BTW why is it like that? It made never sense to me.

I have an another solution if you use a MCE Remote:

I use an MCE remote and the green button ("start") is mapped to the "Home" screen, this toggles between the 2 home screens. This has nothing to do with a "H" keyboard input. The function of the green button is specified here: MePoSettings/Remote/Microsoft MCE/Mapping->Microsoft MCE remote -> Start
    You should assign "Window second home" to this button.

This does not deactivate the standard home screen but it won`t come using the remote.

If you use a keyboard or a keyboard based remote (which generate keyboard inputs) you should go the way hnicolas972 wrote above
    deleting the H key from here: MePoSettings/Keys and Shortcuts/GlobalActions/TGB switch home (you can delete it or assign a not used key to it)
    use "shortcutter" Plugin and assign "h" to Skin ID 35 (this is the second home screen)

did this help someone?

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i think you may be confused on how to use it kszabo you dont have to switch screens just to access the TV.. why dont you start a new thread on your problem sounds like you are missing tv from one of the screesn and can help you fix it

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The 2 homescreens are a "pain in the ass" if it is about wife-acceptance-factor. If someone wants to watch TV on my system I cannot explain why thare are two screens... BTW why is it like that? It made never sense to me.

I have an another solution if you use a MCE Remote:

I use an MCE remote and the green button ("start") is mapped to the "Home" screen, this toggles between the 2 home screens. This has nothing to do with a "H" keyboard input. The function of the green button is specified here: MePoSettings/Remote/Microsoft MCE/Mapping->Microsoft MCE remote -> Start

This does not deactivate the standard home screen but it won`t come using the remote.

did this help someone?

Perfect! Just what I was looking for.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    i think you may be confused on how to use it kszabo you dont have to switch screens just to access the TV.. why dont you start a new thread on your problem sounds like you are missing tv from one of the screesn and can help you fix it

no I do not miss anything... you miss the point of this thread. I can access both screens, I can configure both screens to my likings as I want. I have TV on both of them :D watching TV was just an example.

I SIMPLY WANT ONLY ONE HOME SCREEN. honestly, my wife wants, I could have lived with that...

Perfect! Just what I was looking for.
    your welcome!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Now I use the StreamedMP 1.5Beta together with the SVN version of MP. This works good. Except the fact that MP always starts with the classic home screen (not basic), no matter what I set up in the config.

Can you double check this in latest MP SVN, I have never experienced any issue with this. I set it to BasicHome only and always stays on that no matter what.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the skin...so if you are still having issues please use the General support thread for MediaPortal, you will most likely find a better response there.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    solution if you use a MCE Remote:

So much easier than modifying the mediaportal code! thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom