How to set up the Radio in MediaPortal2 (1 Viewer)

TLCJohn

July 19, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have moved over to MediaPortal2 from Windows Media Centre as in the new update to Windows 10 there will be no more WMC.

So far I have everything working apart from the Radio, which I listen to when working at home. I have look in the forum and in the documentation but can't find anything helpful. Could someone give me some guidance please.

Thank you.

Kind regards
John

TLCJohn

July 19, 2015
Home Country
Hi there Jeroen

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly. The forum page you have sent me to is for webradiio, will this plugin pick up radio from DVB devices as well. Sometimes our internet connection is not as good as it could be.

Kind regards
John

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    will this plugin pick up radio from DVB devices as well.
    No, this will only do Webradio indeed.

DVB Radio needs to be setup through TVServer. I assume you're using TVE3 as TV Server for MP2?
    Please tell us a bit more about the installation you made. ;)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I have moved over to MediaPortal2 from Windows Media Centre as in the new update to Windows 10 there will be no more WMC.
    As I understand it, MediaPortal version 2 is still a "work in progress", so you might be better off installing MediaPortal version 1 (which is what I am using); I think that the current version is 1.12. Note: you can have both MP1 and MP2 installed on the same machine (but not running at the same time!).

So far I have everything working apart from the Radio,
    I have DVB-T/T2 tuners, and when I scan for TV channels, it automatically finds the radio channels too, but they are shown on a panel separate from the TV channels. If you enable "EPG grabbing", MP will use the broadcast EPG, allowing you to record from radio as well as TV.

Are you trying to use DAB? I am not sure MP supports DAB.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

TLCJohn

July 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi there Jeroen, thank you for your help so far.

OK I downloaded the software from the website and as I have never played with this package before, I followed the on screen instructions and let the software do everything, I did not configure anything at that point. I know this really does not help much.

Now I can see the radio channels listed in the Radio Channels Pain see image below. but there is no Radio in the homescreen and I would have thought that it would be with in the TV Screen as it was in Windows Media Centre but no :)

Kind regards
    John[DOUBLEPOST=1437307467][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi there CyberSimian

Thank you for your messages. Yes I am using DVB-T, maybe it would be good to go backward and download MP1 All I need is the TV and Radio for playback and recording.

Kind regards
    John

Attachments

• Radio.jpg
      Radio.jpg
      118.6 KB
    Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Yes I am using DVB-T, maybe it would be good to go backward and download MP1 All I need is the TV and Radio for playback and recording.
    I have not yet tried MP2, so I cannot fairly comment on how complete it is. But for a new user, I think that MP1 would be the place to start.

MP1 has various "skins", but with the default skin, both TV and Radio can be selected from the first panel displayed.

Setting the correct options for EPG grabbing can be a bit confusing (it confused me when I first started using MP!). For UK users, the recommendation is:

Select a single 24-hour TV channel for EPG grabbing.

Do not select any other channels. The channel that I recommend is "BBC1 HD". That will grab the EPG for all channels, including the radio channels. Note: unlike WMC (which I used for 5 years), MP keeps radio and TV separate (like my Humax DVR), so you won't find the radio channels following the TV channels in the EPG.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Short note: the radio support with TVE3 will be back soon. With TVE3.5 is is working already.
    I assume that you mean radio support in MP2? Radio support in MP1 continues to work... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom