How to setup a SAT>IP client (2 Viewers)

Portisch

Portal Member
February 8, 2011
Hi,

I have the Digibit R1 SAT>IP server.
I installed MP2 and the SlimTV Nativ 3.5 Plugin.

But how to use the SAT>IP connection for live tv?
I can't perform a channel scan:
Unbenannt.png

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't perform a channel scan
    Tuner type is detected as "unknown". This means TV Server has lost contact with the tuner.
    Try to close and reopen TV Server Configuration. If the tuner type is not still "unknown" then you'll be able to scan. Otherwise, attach log files. Can't help without them.

Portisch

Portal Member
    February 8, 2011
    Ok, I will check for the log files because the tuner is every time recognized as unkown.

I attached the logs files.
    Hopefully you can find anything.

I am new to Mediaportal, so if you will need any other data please tell me.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry for the slow response. Somehow I missed your post until now.

I see what you mean.
    The only reason why the tuners are in the tuner list is because it was successfully detected in the past. Unfortunately I can't see that in the log files. I also can't see any reason why the tuner would not be detected now.

Can you try to power cycle the tuner?

heinz-dieter

Portal Member
    December 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good evening,

I'm testing the sat>ip-funktion of the SlimTV 3.5, too. I Think, I have the same Problem. The Triax is detected as DvbS, but the server don't find channels? Or do I get the channels in another way?

Attachments

• sat_ip_configuration.jpg
      sat_ip_configuration.jpg
      403 KB
    • sat_ip_configuration.jpg
      sat_ip_configuration.jpg
      403 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Now click on the DVBS listed under your machine in the Left Menu
    You should then get a new window with options to scan for channels.

fyi: While the scan is running, you can click on the Channels button to see what it as found and then you can go back to the scan and see where it is.
    Neither will interfear with the active scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    When attempting to play live TV from a Client Only install of Media Portal back to my Media Portal Server I get an error of "There is no player registered to play media item stream X.Y". I've tried version 2.4.1 and 2.5. I've also tried setting a static IP on both the client and the server. In 2.5 I get this error in the logs...
    When attempting to play live TV from a Client Only install of Media Portal back to my Media Portal Server I get an error of "There...
    When attempting to play live TV from a Client Only install of Media Portal back to my Media Portal Server I get an error of "There...
    Replies
    Views
    I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database, MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb; Database changed MariaDB [mptvdb]> SELECT * FROM Server; +----------+----------+--------------+----------+ | idServer | isMaster | hostName | rtspPort | +----------+----------+--------------+----------+ |...
    I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database, MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb; Database...
    Hello everyone, I'm going to need help from the community to resolve a TV server crash issue. I encountered a problem with my...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix. Open MP2-Client, navigate to Settings->General->Connectivity->Home server. In the menu on the left there may be an option Detach from home server, if there is click it and acknowledge the dialog that pops up...
    Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix...
    Help Please: MP doesnt display any of my previouse recordings or TV programs It seems like the Server isnt running? MP was working...
    Replies
    Views
    Concerning the HDHomerun Expand. This has 4 tuners, and is DVB-C It has, of course, latest software from Silicondust already installed, version name 20230713. BDA compatibility mode is set to MediaPortal. Advanced --- BDA driver set to InjectCVCT plus automatically select from tuners recommended.
    Concerning the HDHomerun Expand. This has 4 tuners, and is DVB-C It has, of course, latest software from Silicondust already...
    I have set up MP1 .34 on Win 11 Pro. I have a HDHomerun Expand DVB-C tuner, which I have used for about 10 years. Until about 2021...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom