How to start writing your own plugin part 1 available (1 Viewer)

ncc1701a

May 15, 2006
OurPlugin Example

I am sorry, I found dialogs.dll in a different directory, now plugin compiles w.o. any problems.

ncc1701a

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Suggestion: Put the tutorial up in the Wiki. There's a few minor errors in it, and it could've been easily fixed right away ;)

TNDAri

Portal Pro
July 12, 2006
GER - Bremen
Hi!

I tried your tutorial and it does not work!
The Plugin is not listed in configuration. I used the first tutorial code ( copy&paste -> compiled ).....any ideas???

I am using SVN from today.

Graetz Ari

TNDAri

Portal Pro
July 12, 2006
GER - Bremen
Ok, i found the error!!

Line 53:

Code:
        // get ID of windowplugin belonging to this setup
        public int GetWindowId()
        {
            return 5678;
        }

change to:

Code:
        // get ID of windowplugin belonging to this setup
        public int GetWindowId()
        {
            return 0;
        }

[/code]

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I'd suggest you choose a number other than 0 - the window id is important, especially for GUI plugins. Try not to choose one that's in use already - you can do trial and error or use the skin files for guidance.

If you do choose one that's in use, you should get a runtime error or a log entry; it should still compile.

Sam

TNDAri

Portal Pro
July 12, 2006
GER - Bremen
The problem is, if there is no XML-Skin file for this id, its not listed in the configuration dialog.

And this is importent for new developers. The first time, i thought i made an mistake. ;)

Puissance

Portal Member
July 27, 2006
Thank you TNDAri. I have looked through the code so many times, but now I know.

EDIT: What does it mean if I get "'OurPlugin.Class1.GetID': no suitable method found to override"?

0oseven

August 5, 2006
Brisbane Australia
unable to download the sourcecode

Hi
Just been attempting to download MediaPortal sources as per instructions under "How to write a plugin for MediaPortal"
Have installed WinCvs with Python and copied all info into boxes _ Copied and pasted from web the address for CVSROOT so that should be correct.

When I click ok I get following message in WinCvs

cvs -d :pserver;username=anonymous;hostname=cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediaportal checkout -P -- mediaportal (in directory C:\mediaportal)

THEN

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

So appears to complete download except when I open the C/mediaportal folder there is nothing in it

Any suggestions what is happening here ?

Thanks Mike

[

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: unable to download the sourcecode

0oseven said:
Hi
Just been attempting to download MediaPortal sources as per instructions under "How to write a plugin for MediaPortal"
Have installed WinCvs with Python and copied all info into boxes _ Copied and pasted from web the address for CVSROOT so that should be correct.

When I click ok I get following message in WinCvs

cvs -d :pserver;username=anonymous;hostname=cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediaportal checkout -P -- mediaportal (in directory C:\mediaportal)

THEN

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

So appears to complete download except when I open the C/mediaportal folder there is nothing in it

Any suggestions what is happening here ?

Thanks Mike

[

MediaPortal moved to SVN from CVS.

Link Bram posted earlier in this thread to the wiki:
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Me...head-6d4e04249ac914b0e575fa7f2600e29499fe3ada

HTH,
patrick

0oseven

August 5, 2006
Brisbane Australia
HI
Have downloaded the mediaportal source ok and have C# express edtion. Believe I saw somewhere that I also need the DIRECTX SDK for portal skin plug in.

If so can anyone tell me if the very latest Version (V10 ) just released will be OK as I think I read somewhere it doesnt support WindowsXP - or should I get Directx 9c ?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom