How-To use Comskip to cut out commercials via MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

deppeler

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
erik1958 said:
There are many people that have good results with the default ini file.
Which version of comskip do you use?
There is no need to set NTSC or PAL????

Comclean plugin v 0.0.5
and it was in the comclean.bat (Version 0.0.6)
set framerate=2997 I set the NTSC

thanks

deppeler

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
I just recorded 9 minutes of a movie with one block of adds in about the middle, I ran ComSkip/ComClean and it cut the movie to about half...it removed the adds (except for a few frames) but also then chopped the last 3 or so minutes from the movie....
Is this just an isolated problem to me?
Is there a log? that would help find out why?

thanks

broadscott

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Does Media Portal support any type of chapter/edit list files? Is it possible to get comkip to output these type of files?

kf_man

Portal Member
August 14, 2006
I'm also curious about this because BeyondTV, my current solution, has a fairly simple feature where it will detect the commercials and just mark them. While watching, if a commercial comes up I just press the UP button on my remote and it jumps past the commercial. That works pretty well for me (that interface) and it would be great to have something similar in MediaPortal.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Once finished dos prompt will disappear and your original file will have "_original" added to the file name.

Someone help me out here? I made all settings like in the great how-to of Ralph but for me after detection/cutting the dos-windows stays on top and doesn't close at all. I then only can close MP via remote and restart to get it going again. Someone with an idea how to solve this?

And second question: Any chance to automatically remove the _original-file after the cutted file has been created?

Thanks,

Paloema

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi paloema,

what files are you using?
    I just recognized, that my uploaded files are not longer available.
    And I can't find them on my harddisc, neither.

Maybe that's the chance for me to check the latest version of Comskip.

I think your second question can be done, but I need to look how.

Regards
    Ralph

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hi Ralph,

i downloaded the latest files from Erik's site. This is all working pretty good. To the second question: I figured it out myself. I edited the comclean.bat (there is a part where the _original is created. I just put REM before and all worked good).

Unfortunately first question is still a problem. When I go to MyPrograms and uncheck "Wait till finish" (or something like this), I don't see the progress of the comskip. When I check this i get the not disappearing Dos-Box...

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am wondering if this tutorial is still accurate for the current 0.2.2.0 and SVN builds of MediaPortal? I'd like to give it a shot but I wanted to pose this question first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom