How-To use Comskip to cut out commercials via MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I suggest you talk to Erik. If it's not possible to process them, maybe he can prevent it from crashing atleast.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Keep in mind that the issue is with ComSkip, not MediaPortal. In so far as ComSkip can't handle the split file situation and MediaPortal's TV Engine (2) isn't going to be changed (assuming it could be changed).

If ComSkip gets fixed then MediaPortal won't need any changes. If the feature was disabled in MediaPortal we'd need to set it back when/if ComSkip gets fixed.

Either way, until ComSkip is "fixed" it wont work with manual recordings, so the way I see it there is no reason to change the way MediaPortal handles Manual recordings.

Cheers,

zion22

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Maybe you can just chose not to try to process them? If there's no way of telling from the actual file, maybe you can simply go on the filesize?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Will you handle skipping the comskip in manual recording?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think erik will need a sample set of files, but I haven't been able to create a sample for him because I don't have a TV Engine 2 setup running at the moment. Perhaps another user could help out here?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I can make a sample.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Please do.

The sample should be of a manual recording, you should include all the smaller files that make up the recording file and send it in email to erik (if it's not too large).

Please contact erik by private message to arrange for emailing or placing on his ftp server...

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom