How to watch my show from cloud storage or external hard drive? (1 Viewer)

mohamed61020

August 13, 2023
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is my first post here.
Is it possible to watch my show from cloud storage and external hard drive?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Is it possible to watch my show from cloud storage and external hard drive?
    You can certainly play video and audio files from a locally-connected external drive, as this is what I do. I have several external USB drives which I access via drive letters in Windows.

I also have a NAS that is part of my home network, and I access that using a drive letter and can play files from it.

I have never used cloud storage. Do you access it by allocating a Windows drive letter to it? If so, you should be able to play files from it.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mohamed61020

August 13, 2023
    Home Country
    I have never used cloud storage. Do you access it by allocating a Windows drive letter to it? If so, you should be able to play files from it.
    Yes please. I want to play video file in my external hard drive or cloud storage. My external hard drive letter is E and cloud storage is Pcloud so it P.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    My external hard drive letter is E and cloud storage is Pcloud so it P.
    Which MP product are you using? MP1 or MP2?

For MP1, you define the locations of your media in the "MP Config" utility. There should be a shortcut for it on your desktop. The panel that you want is the one shown in this page in the MP Wiki. You define a name for the location, and then define its actual location. For example the location might be "E:", or perhaps "E:\My Videos".

For MP2, I am not the expert. You define the media locations by using the relevant dialogues within MP2 itself (there is no separate configuration utility). So it is a case of wandering around the setup sections of MP2 until you find the one needed. There is a Wiki for MP2 too, so that might be worthwhile reading. Start here and browse the Wiki.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For MP2 you need to go to Settings/Media Sources where you can specify where videos, music and other content. is located either locally or on your network. For example a usb connected external disk should be visible under "Local File System" and select it or specific folders on it which you wish connect to. Not sure if your cloud server will be visible here or over your network you will have to try it and see. Whatever more details are available in this section of the wiki.

Users who are viewing this thread