Howto: Hama MCE Remote Control without Focus (with Eventghost) (1 Viewer)

maxirk

Portal Member
August 16, 2010
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
So is this the best way to control MP without focus? So I have to buy HAMA MCE..

but I can't find where to buy it. There's no HAMA MCE on e-bay and amazon.
Just an ordinary MCE remote...
Please help where to buy an appropriate remote control?
And what do you think about cineese universal remote control - I'm in China now. Everything is cheaper there :)

Moreover, I want remote control with an ability to learn IR signals from another remotes (to get rid of TV, Audio System ) at the same time with "Not focus controlling" feature. Any ideas?

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
AW: Howto: Hama MCE Remote Control without Focus (with Eventghost)

do it like me: buy an mce compatible receiver (perhaps like this, i have one that looks like it and i have it from china: Brand new HP MCE Media Center Remote Control+ IR RECEVE bei eBay.de: Remote Controls (endet 15.12.10 10:22:45 MEZ)) and a good remote from oneforall or from harmony, (but also cheaper remote could /can work if they have the mce remote design/ infrared signals. (oneforall(the better ones) and harmony can learn signal not only via other remotes but also with codes, so the most of the buttons from the replaced remote are now working on the harmony /oneforall)

Perhaps the remote you found (your link) also could work, because there is especially wriiten works with windows mce..

but this topic is not easy.... so i think you have to try it out...

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
AW: Re: Howto: Hama MCE Remote Control without Focus (with Eventghost)

BEcause u want to controll tv and sound card and mediaportal? but only for mediaportal this will work. and some mce remotes can learn at least the shut off codes from the tv.

Matija

January 15, 2011
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
I've modified the py and xml to be able to control the mouse in a strait directions - no diagonal movement though...

the mouse only works in normal windows operations - if the "UAC" (Windows 7 or Vista) or "this program stops working" windows appears it stops working

hopefully someone finds it useful...

BR
Matija

Attachments

• mouse_move.rar
    3.5 KB

Krumlov

August 2, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Can someone just explain why I would go through the process described in this thread to get the remote going as opposed to this thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-mce-fb-funkt-nicht-richtig-43650/index2.html) I don't speak german either but I worked it out!

I replaced the XML file and have selected the Centarea remote in mediaportal and it seems to be working. I would like the START button to bring me back to the home screen but other than that the only thing that is weird is I have to hit the i button twice to get it to do what I want? Otherwise it just works and I didn't have to install any other plugins or software...

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006

if you want to controll mediaportal without having focus on mediaportal, you could use this howto, but i dont know if that will solve your problems with "i"

andyph666

Portal Member
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Can someone give me a link to the plugin for auvisio VRC-1100 Ro. Eventghost says the download failed every time I try to download the plugin. It gives me 404 error. Thanks.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This link won't work for you?
    Download EventGhost

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can someone give me a link to the plugin for auvisio VRC-1100 Ro. Eventghost says the download failed every time I try to download the plugin. It gives me 404 error. Thanks.

@Luca Brasi

No i think he means its when you add the auvisio VRC-1100 Ro plugin to eventghost for the first time it needs to download a driver from its website (and no its not the above page). i just got the same problem it trys to get the driver then give a 404 error. Not sure if we will get the driver it seems to have gone. I've got the inf and the files but it still wont go in for some reason. Hopefully someone can work it out. Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom