Howto: Hama MCE Remote Control without Focus (with Eventghost) (2 Viewers)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Howto: Hama MCE Remote Control without Focus (with Eventghost)

Ah ok, can't help with that though...

andyph666

Portal Member
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    yea icam2 got it right. I can't seem to install the plugin at all, perhaps their server where they host the plugins is down? Is there any manual way to install this driver?

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've just managed to rebuild a driver package using the inf file that was left behind on my system. I'm going to try and write a self installer. If not i can supply the files needed and anyone who needs them can self install in the windows control panel. Be in touch soon guys.:D

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi all dont have time to write a self installer for this.

But for those of you that know how to hand install a driver here are the needed files.

1st install the Winusb package.
    2nd Extract the driver.inf file to the same location as the above file. then copy it to the x64 (64bit) or x86 (32bit) depending on your os.
    3rd open device manager. locate the hardware. Click update driver and manual point it to the driver.inf.

Sorry if you cant make much of these steps. as i say i'm busy. If i fined some time in a few week i'll try to make it easier.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• driver.zip
      1 KB
    • EventGhost%20WinUSB%20Add-on.zip
      8.8 MB

andyph666

Portal Member
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Got an install failed while running dpinst in the x64 directory. I dragged the driver.inf over. Also tried manually installing the driver.inf but it said it could not find the system files. Anyone got a solution?

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Got an install failed while running dpinst in the x64 directory. I dragged the driver.inf over. Also tried manually installing the driver.inf but it said it could not find the system files. Anyone got a solution?

Yeah sorry ignore the dpinst error You dont need that.

the layout of files should be eventghostdir \drivers\WinUSB\x64\dll put the inf file in the dll folder.

in the dll folder you need driver.inf, WdfCoInstaller01009.dll, WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll, WUDFUpdate_01009.dll

Goto control panel and point the driver wizard to thae dll folder.

Let me know how it goes

andyph666

Portal Member
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Seems to have worked. Got it to show in device manager however the plugin is not listed in eventghost. It tells me the plugin is not installed and it needs to be downloaded again which gives me a 404 error because the file isnt on the server anymore.

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Have you done both (one is buttons and the other mousepad). they dont install together you have to do each one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom