Operating System HTPC + HDMI + Win7 and its many issues... (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    there is also gefen dvi dectector or dvi doctor which is a cable that grabs the EDID data then stores it, then it sends this EDID data regardless of what is attached (on or off).

there is also a piece of software called hdmi on.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok I found it, but it seems a solution ONCE you've lost monitor signal and you want to bring it back... I want to avoid that situation with the pin19 trick...

Thanks anyway!

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok. Trick done. So far so good!!! :)

Thanks gibman for point it out to me! Four years after buying my first AVR, I can say bye to that annoying Win7 behaviour! :)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok. Trick done. So far so good!!! :)

Thanks gibman for point it out to me! Four years after buying my first AVR, I can say bye to that annoying Win7 behaviour! :)

what trick did u apply exactly ?

speaking for myself, I haven't had one issue with lost hdmi audio device since I did the clone mode (trick) setup :)
    and it's been several weeks now :)

I'm not using the hdmi pin concealment trick.

/gibman

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I did the pin19 trick... It's the "cleanest" solution from my point of view... You prevent Windows7 to know if TV/AVR are on or off, so it doesn't trigger "anything" in my system... You keep audio, you keep your resolution/hz. That's perfect.

Thanks again.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I did the pin19 trick... It's the "cleanest" solution from my point of view... You prevent Windows7 to know if TV/AVR are on or off, so it doesn't trigger "anything" in my system... You keep audio, you keep your resolution/hz. That's perfect.

It won't work perfectly with all available HW. At least with GT430 + Onkyo it caused audio to get lost on random basis. Only workaround that works on my dev PC is to set the fail safe resolution to same as the desktop resolution. I haven't had any single wrong resolution after resuming from S3/S4 now for many months.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    My problem is that although I set the "fail safe resolution" to the same as HDMI one, it also randomly fails back to 640x480, an in that situation, I can't change back (using radmin) because I only have 640x480 to choose in windows/nvidia control panel. Then, if I reboot, I get good resolution again (always using radmin, TV/AVR off).

I'll see if pin19 trick fails randomly as you say... Bad news in that case.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    It won't work perfectly with all available HW. At least with GT430 + Onkyo it caused audio to get lost on random basis. Only workaround that works on my dev PC is to set the fail safe resolution to same as the desktop resolution. I haven't had any single wrong resolution after resuming from S3/S4 now for many months.
    As many other times, you were right tourettes... My windows still detects On-Off in a randomly basis... so many times I switch On TV/AVR, and I can't see my PC (no video/audio)... I must reset it so I can fix the problem. :(

Bufff...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom