HVR-1300 + Hauppauge remote problems - fixed (1 Viewer)

Cul8

Portal Member
January 25, 2006
have the HVR-1300_retail_board+remote.
HCW: http://www.hauppauge.com/Pages/press/presspictures/HVR-1300_retail_board+remote.jpg

It started with 0.2.0.0 RC2, CVS upp to 2006-01-24 do not solve the problem.

As said before, the remote works (only in the main menu) if you do not close the Micro$oft Error Report window.

/C

Edit: got home and here is system info:

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.80GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: 0K8979 (Dell Computer Corp.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge HVR-1300 Digital
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Intel(r) 82865g Graphics Controller (96 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

Hauppauge remote crash MP

paperscratcher

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
Cul8 said:
the remote works (only in the main menu) if you do not close the Micro$oft Error Report window.

I am able to fully control MP, if I don't close the Micro$**t error window.
The TV doesn't seem to work when I enter My TV though...

I've mentioned this before, and I'm not a programmer, but to me that sounds like something that should help a lot...? What makes the error-report appear? If the Hauppauge remote, then shouldn't it crash and not work at all?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
paperscratcher said:
Cul8 said:
the remote works (only in the main menu) if you do not close the Micro$oft Error Report window.

I've mentioned this before, and I'm not a programmer, but to me that sounds like something that should help a lot...? What makes the error-report appear? If the Hauppauge remote, then shouldn't it crash and not work at all?
Booohooooo! I was waiting all night for you to answer what of the above remotes you have, paperscratcher!!!!

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Mac500 said:
    I´m having the exact problem with my PVR-150.

Mac no offence is meant here so please dont take it that way... but we cant help with posts like that!

could you please repost with log details and system details please as the other guys have been good enough to do. nobody in the dev team can reproduce this so you will understand we are kind of flying blind here and require all of the information we can possibly harvest. we can then decide if your problem is similar to the others or if you have your own special problem! :lol:

Thanks

Steve

paperscratcher

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    mPod said:
    paperscratcher said:
    Cul8 said:

Booohooooo! I was waiting all night for you to answer what of the above remotes you have, paperscratcher!!!!

:shock: I've included that in every previous error reports I've made on this topic... So the answer was not far away ;)
    "Area: Remote (45 buttons)"

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, but I doubt that...

Ok, to get us further on this and not stepping on the same place all the time.

DISABLE the hauppauge remote and ENABLE the MCE remote (US version).

Can you use MP with your remote then?

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    guys.... it appears one comes with a crippled mce remote and the other comes with a huappauge remote.

if its the mce remote then you DONT need the hauppauge remote enabled in the config... it needs to be the mce remote (i think!)

this is important to get to the bottom of this problem! so please be very very accurate and double check every statement that you make... including reffering to the images that mpod posted.... and comparing to what you have. sorry for going over the same ground... we just need to be sure

Thanks

Steve

paperscratcher

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    mPod said:
    Sorry, but I doubt that...

Ok, to get us further on this and not stepping on the same place all the time.

DISABLE the hauppauge remote and ENABLE the MCE remote (US version).

Can you use MP with your remote then?

Doubt what? On every full error report I've made, with log, I've included that I use the 45 button remote.. Anyways...

I've already tried that. No offense, but have you read my previous posts?

I have this remote: http://www.hauppauge.com/Pages/press/presspictures/HVR-1300_retail_board+remote.jpg

Again, it does seem to work with MCE, but the mapping is way off since I go up and down with CH-button and close MP with Vol-button. That's about what I can do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom