I can't find scrollbar (1 Viewer)

BanBelov

September 28, 2007
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Today I have downloaded MediaPortal. I can't scroll track when I listen music. :oops: Is it possible to scroll?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Eh.. could you perhaps explain what you mean by "scroll track". Do you mean skip track or search (FF) in track or move highlighted bar to next song.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    could you please explain more?
    it seems we don't understand your problem.

When you listen to music = a song is playing, and you move the cursor to the top pf the screen, you'll get a bar, which allows to Fast Forward, Fast Rewind, Skip Song, Previous Song, Pause and Stop.
    If you use a remote control, you can use the respective buttons of the RC.

PastorVor

Portal Member
    May 10, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think I know what he's asking, at least, I have a similar problem... Let's see if I can be a bit more descriptive in my post.

I use Media Portal to play large MP3's, half hour to an hour long. These are complete radio shows... (might be just about anything)... Like a PODCAST.

There seems to be no convenient way to skip forward in the MP3, similar to the time skip feature in the My Video feature. (click right to see the scrollbar at the top to skip 15 sec, 30sec, 1min, 3min, etc.)
    The only option is to use FF which is far from adequate since it can take ages to get halfway through an MP3.

It would also be quite cool to have the player remember where you quit listening, similar to the video feature, as well.

I tried playing the mp3's in the video player but they don't play. I might try playing around with codec's but I'm not hopeful.

Any suggestions? Is there a podcast player plugin? (I'll go look now)

Thanks.

PastorVor

Portal Member
    May 10, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I recently installed the latest version of MP and it has changed the way it handles MP3's and the FF button. It now skips 20 seconds for each press, so you can press it three times to skip ahead one minute. This is a VAST improvement.
    I want to thank whoever is responsible for it.

I have noticed, though, that when listening from the playlist, the timer (which is shown near the bottom with a large, feint font) doesn't count. It works when playing from the file list, but not from the playlist. It might be specific to my install or my files. Is this something I should report in the bug report forum?

Users who are viewing this thread