I have lost Purevision themes (2 Viewers)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I hope someone will know what has happened to my MP1 PureVisionHD skin themes
    Suddenly there are no themes to choose and only Theme: '#skin.themes' is the option
    Any advice most gratefully received
    Regards
    TW

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This also happened to me a couple of times with Default Wide HD skin following a hang or crash, sorry don't remember the details. I was able to fix it by overwriting the DWHD skin folder see screenshot below, with a good one copied from an MP 1 installed on another PC. From memory a straight uninstall and reinstall of MP 1 did not resolve the problem unless I also deleted the Team MediaPortal Folder in "Program Data" (regular uninstall does not do that).
    In your case as PureVision is an addon rather than integral with MP 1 like DWHD, I believe it should be possible to just delete the PureVision folder and reinstall PureVision from scratch.
    Hope that helps.

themes.jpg

UPDATE.-

Attached is a zipped copy of the PureVision Themes folder, it might be worth trying to overwrite the existing one in the folder shown in the screenshot to see if that fixes the problem.:unsure:

Attachments

• Themes.zip
      3.2 MB
    Last edited:

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi joecrow, hope you are well
    Thanks for the info
    Currently it is configured with DefaultWideHD so I will have a go at this on the weekend

I recently switched the OS on the machine from Win7 to Win10 and all sorts of strange things are cropping up
    Windows task scheduler will not work and any auto update seemed to wreck MediaPortal
    (It may well have been a Windows update that trashed Purevision)
    Since then I had to stop Win10 auto updates

Regards
    TW

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I recently switched the OS on the machine from Win7 to Win10 and all sorts of strange things are cropping up
    For me Win 10 was OK and these days I'm now on Win 11. Did you do the free win 7-10 upgrade (assuming it is still available, or a clean install. I did have a lot of problems with the upgrade from 7 on my desktop, various strange issues and some things worked initially but later failed and had to be reinstalled. Eventually I bit the bullet and a clean install returned it to stability.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    It is an upgrade, however I upgraded from OS7 to Win 10 years ago when the upgrade first became available. Trouble was the original upgrade was absolutely poor and auto update always seemed to affect Mediaportal negatively. The PC is a media centre unit that I keep running for my Mum. She is elderly but likes the Mediaportal system and gets all she needs from UK FreeSat and can watch / record her programs easily. She wanted to try a "Smart TV" and I said I would set it up for her. DISASTER! One thing I can tell you is that "SmartTV" is anything but smart. I will not bore you with the details but as you probably know smart TV's are just home slot machines trying to extract money. But to cut the long story short we are back to Mediaportal and she is happy now. I use WinAero Tweaker to shut off auto updates and other Microsoft rubbish and things were going OK until PureVision themes were lost. If I get PureVision up and running I will do a clean re-install if there are further problems
    Thanks for the tips, very much appreciated
    Regards
    TW

Users who are viewing this thread