Icelandic characters comes as rubbish (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Using version 4.4.3, it does not fix the problem :(

Darn *IT*.

Can you please recreate the large log file like you did last time? I was actually able to recreate your issue on my side finally and then fixed it and confirmed it was fixed, so I'm confused why it is not working for you.

At least log file will tell me why and hopefully I can still figure out a fix then.

pavke

Portal Member
    March 11, 2005
    Leuven, Belgium
    I'm afraid even the most recent version does not solve my problems either.
    Things are still the same, so I gather there's also an encoding mismatch with the Moviemeter site ...
    By the way, did I tell you that even the title of the movie suffers from the same problem - or not, depending on how some of the options regarding foreign titles/info are set ...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @kjarrig, hopefully I'll have time soon to look at it all, as I was indeed able to confirm it stopped working for me as well (still puzzled why it worked fine on 3 test movies)

@pavke, yeah, there is a lot going on. IMDb additional changes to their system is a more localized adjustment towards the user. This is awesome for users who do not know English very well, to be provided with titles and such in their own language, but it makes it extremly hard for me to work around that. What compounds it even more is that something might work fine for me being on an IP in America, but it would not work for you on your Dutch IP. This thread I'm mainly focusing on kjarrig's issue though, if the same fix for Icelandic language also happens to fix the Dutch language then that is great, but it is very confusing to work on two seperate issues at the same time. If I'm able to fix kjarrig's issue and yours still remains, then we will have to create a seperate thread so it is also easier for other Dutch users to find it as they might find the "Icelandic characters comes as rubbish" subject not the one they would expect holding the answer for Dutch language problems. (You are good for now though, your comments in this thread keep me reminded that I need to look at entire system and not just Icelandic part)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thank you for your effort

My Icelandic is very rusty, as in I do not know any.

Can you please contact the ppl behind http://kvikmyndir.is/ (again)? Instead of a very complex way of fixing it, if they could just adjust the XML encoding that is used for: http://kvikmyndir.is/xml/movingpictures/?id=0499549 into "ISO-8859-1" then all will be fixed.

That link has <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> at the top and it needs to become <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Unless of course they switch back to actually using UTF-8 encoding inside that file, then I simply have to undo the changes to IMDb+ and all will be well again as well :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I will do that. Let you know what happens.

No longer needed.

Grab v4.4.4 and it should work correct on Moving-Pictures v1.4.x now.

I totally overlooked the fact that MovPic added new scraper-script commnds and one of those was needed to make it all work again.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

@pavke, does this fix it for you now as well?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    LOL, well maybe my change was not what fixed it, but the fact the kbikmyndir.is ppl di (and confirmed that was the case)

Released v4.4.5 to compensate for the changes they did to their <genres>. When nothing shows up, the default way for IMDb+ is to then use English genres.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hi RoChess, everything works now!!! You're just a genius. Thank you very much for all your effort.

Users who are viewing this thread