Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've imported the New Zealand logos, which went well. I hadn't noticed that there were two CI logos in the folder, which has left two entries, how do I delete the old one? There are empty brackets next to the NZ aliases, were these for the provider (it wasn't mapped in this pack)?

Also, the Find Logo feature returns the following server runtime error after clicking on search:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you give me the url of the NZ logos xml, so I can check what might have happened during import. I have not looked at all the mapping xml files yet, so there might be something different in there I didn't treat with proper code ;)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are correct, the () is showing an "empty" provider. I did not check for empty tags in the importer, so all the <Satellite/> tags resulted in a new unnamed provider ;) Just fixed this in the code (but not published).
    Why the Find Logo now fails is a mystery to me, I'll investigate this.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does the logo plugin work with TVE3.5 SlimTV Native provider? I have installed MP2 10AE Update 1 and implemented TVE3.5 according to the instructions:
    • download the plugin from https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/slimtv-nativetv
    • extract it using 7zip
    • copy only the MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service into ProgramFiles(x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins
    • copy only the MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.NativeProvider into ProgramFiles(x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins
    • delete/move out the ProgramFiles(x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.MPExtendedProvider
    However I do not have any TV logos in the channel overview (TV guide) on the left side.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes it should work with TVE3.5, as the LogoManager is implemented in a FanArt provider in MP2-Server.
    You should check if your channels are available in the repository already and if there are error messages in server log.
    Edit2: the Server local settings (country) will be used as filter (afaik only if there are multiple matches with same name/alias)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I now have the LogoMapping.xml adapted to new circumstances (Provider), including the new CH-logos.
    http://mediaportal-swiss-rtv-logos.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/LogoMapping.xml

I could not let it to import it on the website. While processing I had 4 times a interruption of service.
    first time: time exceeded - second: 1 logo not found (404 error) - etc.

Btw, in the end I was able to import all successful. But unfortunately all multiple :oops:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't implement that much error handling into the importer. But the channels should not be in the DB when the processing is interrupted. Maybe your browser simply thought it had timed out - since there are now 4 times all CH channels ;)

I'll delete the DB again, so we can start again. What I don't understand is why there were timeouts - The german mapping file imported without any problem on my test.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes it should work with TVE3.5, as the LogoManager is implemented in a FanArt provider in MP2-Server.
    You should check if your channels are available in the repository already and if there are error messages in server log.
    Edit2: the Server local settings (country) will be used as filter (afaik only if there are multiple matches with same name/alias)

I'm not with my HTPC now, so I can not post the log. But when I checked, there wasn't anything suspicious. I will have a look later :) Anyhow I'd like to confirm 2 points, because I'm not so sure about those:
    1) What do you mean with "channels available in repository"? I did a scan all all channels appear in the list ... but I guess something else is ment.
    2) "Server local setting" = language of OS/MP2 or is there another setting that I'm not aware of? :confused:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With channels in repository I mean the imported logos in the new LogoManager repository. AFAIK only German an one other ("old") logo repo was imported. So there are probably no US station logos available yet.

Edit:
    The MP2 server has "local settings" too, but as we have no configuration it always defaults to the Operating System's setting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom