Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You suggest a new alias on the same page (Suggestions -> Add New) where you suggested the new channel. But only by filling it the way I described.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You suggest a new alias on the same page (Suggestions -> Add New) where you suggested the new channel. But only by filling it the way I described.
    Thanks... I will look into that but....
    I added a 2nd one WBBM-DT
    I do not see it on my server or in the Client for TV
    Suggestions?
    Want access?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You'll have to ask morpheus as he implemented the MP2 plugin. But we got 2am here now - so wait about 6 hours for him to get up :)

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx :
    We need to add the channel type to the webservice method as well. So we know if client is looking for TV or Radio channel's logos.
    So I suggest a change to :
    Code:
    Dictionary<string, string> GetLogos(List<string> channelsNames, byte type, string regionCode)
    where type=0 is TV and 1 = Radio.
    Or I can introduce a small enum, whatever you prefer ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    An enum would be better. Should we prepare more types already? I think about WebRadio's stations and OnlineVideo sites.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm might be a good addition. But I don't think I want to implement the pages for those cases yet ... only makes it more complicated now. So - will keep that in mind, but not add it to the code yet.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have cleared the DB and uploaded logos and published the latest version of the Webservice/site. (So you have to register a user again if you want to approve a suggestion). Only import I have run was German logos again.

It would be nice if other logo-pack maintainers of possible admins go ahead and import the other packs (don't do it twice, there is no duplicate finding when doing a mapping file import).
    @morpheus_xx : The client code is also updated in Git, so you can use that now for the new MP2 test builds.

I added a new overview page for Providers, to see what aliases are mapped to them. Provider are currently only imported from mapping files. No manual way yet. I also implemented an automatic thumbnailing for the uploaded logos, so the website displays a lot faster for the long lists. There's now also a "Find Logo" page where you can enter your channel name and it will return the same result that the webservice would give. So you can check if your channel is found (and what duplicates, once we imported more logos). And some other minor improvements.

@all : please test :) and post bugs, missing features...
    (link to web in first post)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @offbyone
    Just read the post. So there are nothing in there for U.S. people?
    If I knew what I was going I would help but somehow this seems to escape my mental abilities....

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I'll call @Edalex or @Vasilich to give us the correct URL of the us logo mapping XML.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom