Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I Chose Language because we can get this the easiest via .net from the cultureinfo. No user Would Need to configure or Set his Location manually.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am Not sure Region is correct.? And Mapping Region Mighty be harder than Language? If you have Usedom this Field before and it proves Good, then we can use that.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @offbyone how we will proceed user request for "RTL" with user configured country = Belgium? RTL germany has country code "Germany", RTL Luxembourg has code "Luxembourg". What will get a user from Belgium?
    l would also add country code to alias.
    concerning
    No user Would Need to configure or Set his Location manually
    - i live in germany, but want to get also logo for RTL lux. So i need the possibility to set what country code will be sent for some logos/groups. Surely for most users it should work automatically (as it is in current Logomanager plugin)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    RTL Lux is a differential Channel. You can get Channel Logos That Are Outside your Country. The Country is only as Information to resolute conflicts when more than One Channel is found for an alias.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    I am Not sure Region is correct.? And Mapping Region Mighty be harder than Language? If you have Usedom this Field before and it proves Good, then we can use that.
    It takes info from Control Panel -> Language and Regional Seiiting -> Region
    When we had packs they have region code so we were safe but now is another story ofc.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Client calls: give me logo for channel "RTL" and I live in "Belgium".
    Server queries the database for all aliases "RTL". It will find more than one. Now the server will check if there one of the Aliases is for a channel from Belgium. If not it is up to us what we decide to return in this case. Either the first one found or none so the user can report that he is missing a mapping.

If you live in Germany and want a logo for RTL Lux, then RTL Lux would be a different channel than normal RTL and therefore would be a new channel and have a new Alias. The Client would call: Give me a logo for Channel "RTL Lux" and I live in "Germany". I'd have to say RTL Lux, because RTL channel also exists in you channel list. And if you have two channels with exact same name, no one can differtiate them - I'd call this a user error.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    if you have two channels with exact same name, no one can differtiate them - I'd call this a user error.
    this is not user's fault if different providers give same names to different channels. Our target is to easily get channels without any renaming. Right now with LogoManager i assign different logo packs to different groups. Surely it works only if I put these RTL channels in different groups, but i would say this is natural to divide channels by language if you speak/understand more than one.
    to solve this i suggest to add country marker to aliases, so if i ask for RTL and i am from Belgium - then we just need to create aliases with same name RTL but with different country codes, so these aliases can point to different channels depending on user country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom