Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We need to resolve Conflicts at the Channel Level. I we put a Country on the Alias, you'd have to create an Alias for every Country that receives this Channel, and since DVB-S can be received anywhere in the world, we'd have to create an Alias for every Country in the World. This would be conceptually wrong.

Can you give me examples where one Provider gives 2 channels the same name even though they are different? I have DVB-C and have never seen this before.

PS: I also have one Channels Group for Russian Channels, but that's OK since even though my client says he is in Germany, he will find the logos for Russian channels, if aliases exist in the DB. The Country field on the Channel does not make this channel exclusive to that Country. It is only a hint for resolving conflicts.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    So you want something like "proactive" model or smth so users from new countries will not be unsupported by default and service will try to give them matches, am I right?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Can you give me examples where one Provider gives 2 channels the same name even though they are different?
    I can't, because i don't think that any provider do this. Some posts above i talked about different ptoviders. Remember that one satellite may carry several providers, e.g. Astra 19.2E has Sky, RTL, RTL World, ARD DIgital, ZDF, and many other providers, as satellite itself isn't a provider.

Do you agree then that we should ask user about manual resolving of conflicts if there are any? I hope there won't be many of them, so for most users there will be no questions at all

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Shouldn't that be the plan? :)
    Our goal should always be as little work as possible to maintain while reaching as many users as possible.
    We need some fuzzy logic in this case. Any thoughts? GeoIP, geographic coordinates, countries linking?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Huh don't get overcomplicated. :eek:
    My logic so far after our discussion and the current model would say:
    For any given string the user asks for a logo I get all Aliases from the DB. If only 1 is found we return its logo - regardless of the country. If more than one, we check if there is one with the country the user has specified. If yes we return that one. If not we return the list and let the user choose.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, been a bit swamped at work and had to fight with a flue, but getting back on track now.

I have updated the ERM Model in Jira again, and hope this looks like we can agree on it?

Next step would be to define the methods the Webservice should offer for the Client. Which ones do you need and what are the parameters/return value?

Example:
    GetLogoMappings(localChannelName, regionCode) -> List<Alias>(with Channel and LogoId)
    GetLogos(List<LogoId>) -> List<LogoId, byte[]>

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are there any news on this topic? Do we have a realistic chance to get this feature for 10th anniversary?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Personal opinion - if code it already based on new model - no.
    Btw, I thought about your idea about making common dll both for MP1 and MP2 and realized that it should communicate not only with two different GUIs but also with two or more different backend (MP1 TVE3 , MP2 TV Server, TVE3.5 (or it is the same as as MP2 TVE?), Argus). So will it store code for communication with all of them or it will be another dll? :cautious: Not sure it is possible to code.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom