Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, but now I'd like to get into the specifics ;)
    What methods are needed on the Webservice, their signatures... meaning what does the client want to call? The current webservice method for finding a logo does not return info about the logo's last change date.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I thought about mass-uppdate method but it could be too heavy. So only real way is to call Find method again but this time with timestamp of last update

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Is there a possibility to create in the TV Server configuration a button to start the import and indicate the results after (a number of how many are missing, failed, etc.)? ..a small Enhancements (without showing logos) for LogoManager which itself is a MePo extension.

It would be very nice if Users can manage them in the same place as the channels, EPG and others TV basics/related things.
    GUI is good and right, but over remote desktop this is somehow not so funny (start stop MePo; Mouse)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    First of all, what TV Server are you talking about? TVE3.5 in MP2 or TVE3 in MP1?
    For MP1 answer is no since logos are stored on client side by design of MP1. For TVE3.5 everything is unclear now.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With channels in repository I mean the imported logos in the new LogoManager repository. AFAIK only German an one other ("old") logo repo was imported. So there are probably no US station logos available yet.
    Edit:
    The MP2 server has "local settings" too, but as we have no configuration it always defaults to the Operating System's setting.

Hi morpheus_xx,

My HTPC language setting is German and my satelite is Astra with mainly German channels, so I guess thats maybe not the reason.
    I attached the log file and a screenshot so you can see how my MP2 with TVE3.5 looks like. There are a few TV logos in ProgramData/TeamMediaPortal/MP2-Server/Logos, but they are not shown in MP2. Also no EPG infos shown, but is is an other problem I think ...

Attachments

• MP2_TVE3.5.jpg
      MP2_TVE3.5.jpg
      239.4 KB
    • logo_container.png
      logo_container.png
      92.8 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, ok. This is a misunderstanding: there are no channellogos inside this list view (it's the same as used in MiniGuide, which appears in fullscreen on ENTER/OK). But you will find the logos inside "Full Guide" (accessible from hidden menu, or big "G" as keyboard shortcut).

I'll check if I can add the logos (back) to this list as well, as the new 16:9 style fits better for this :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New
    Ah, ok. This is a misunderstanding: there are no channellogos inside this list view (it's the same as used in MiniGuide, which appears in fullscreen on ENTER/OK). But you will find the logos inside "Full Guide" (accessible from hidden menu, or big "G" as keyboard shortcut).
    I'll check if I can add the logos (back) to this list as well, as the new 16:9 style fits better for this :)

Thanks, now it's also clear for me :D The TV started always automatically into the "MiniGuide", so I didn't search for another guide. Visually it looks almost same as the other guide (besides the missing logos). Would be great, if the logos can be also added there.
    Btw ... Is there any problem seen from the log for the missing EPG information? I have tried several settings in the TV-Server, but it never worked so far :(

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Btw ... Is there any problem seen from the log for the missing EPG information? I have tried several settings in the TV-Server, but it never worked so far
    I have tried TVE35 and it grabbed EPG from DVB-C for me (I needed to fix saving related issues). So I only can say that it should work (at least for DVB-C), but TVE35 needs much more testing and bugreports... :)

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit:
    The MP2 server has "local settings" too, but as we have no configuration it always defaults to the Operating System's setting.

Is it possible to Change this in any way Manualy? (Edit XML file or database or...)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, now it's also clear for me :D The TV started always automatically into the "MiniGuide", so I didn't search for another guide. Visually it looks almost same as the other guide (besides the missing logos). Would be great, if the logos can be also added there.
    Logos are now back in the channel list :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom